PG Music Home
Can Bar-Based Lyrics be displayed in the Big Lyrics window or is it only Note-Based Lyrics that are displayed there?

BIAB 2019(628)
Windows 10
Hi Corrie,

As far as I can determine, it is only note-based lyrics that display in the Big Lyrics Window.

What were you wanting to do? Maybe we can find another approach that will do a similar job.

Regards,
Noel
Thank you Noel,
As a novice BIAB user, I was just trying to create a backtrack with lyrics and chords for a song as I was working my way through the manual and training videos. I thought it would work using bar-based lyrics. It didn't.....
Hi again, Corrie.

It can be done quite easily (well once you get into the swing of it, at least).

Try this...

1. If your desktop view in BIAB is different from mine, use CTRL+T to change views from full-screen to standard view.

2. Enter into Notation Mode (click on #1 as shown on the top image below).

3. Enter Editable Notation Mode by click on #2.

4. Locate the yellow vertical line mid-bar. To do this, it's necessary to left-click in the gray horizontal bar that I've pointed to with the arrow (#3).

5. Press CTRL+L to open the lyric entry window.

6. Type your bar of lyrics and press <ENTER>.

7. Press CTRL+L to close the lyric entry window.

8. Relocate the yellow vertical line to the middle of the next bar.

9. Repeat steps 5, 6, 7 above for each bar of lyrics.

When I did the above, I created a big lyrics window display as shown on the lower image.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture entering note-based lyrics with no notes.JPG
Attached picture note based lyrics without notes present 2.JPG
Thanks Noel.... You set it out nice and easy to understand and follow. Much appreciated! I'm just curious why it doesn't work from bar-based lyrics as well.

Regards.
Corrie.
Bar-based lyrics are a relatively new feature of BIAB. One day, I imagine that it will be incorporated into the big lyric (BLW) window because the BLW is a terrific display to play along with.
© PG Music Forums