PG Music Home
Hi, I am unable to preview Styles in BIAB, I get a "Miscellaneous Error playing" the file. I have no issue opening a wma file with wmp when BIAB is not running but if BIAB is open, then wmp give an error. The "Load Song" in the Style browser works well, it is just the quick preview that doesn't work. I have tried running as admin and tested the various options in Preference/Audio. Is this a known issue? (not sure of where to find the list of known issue) Is there a solution?

Thanks

Peter
Welcome to the forums, Peter.

I don't believe that this is a known issue.

What version of BiaB are you running?
What Operating System are you running?

There appears to be two issues that you have identified:
1: Windows Media Player cannot play an audio file if BiaB is open.
2: The Quick Preview in BiaB Style Picker doesn't work.

This seems to indicate a problem with the sound-card / audio settings on the PC itself.

You might try a Return to Factory Settings from the Options menu in BiaB.
Hi VideoTrack and thank you for your reply, it put my on the right track.

I'm running BiaB 2019 pro package (I bought it yesterday, all this is very new to me) on Windows 10 Home.

I have tested a couple of things in the Pref/Audio to find out that this specific feature doesn't like my Asio driver (Zoom R24). So I changed it to WAS, BiaB was giving me a different error message, but using the 'Get from soundcard' button that run a test solved the issue.

Now the preview feature is working in the standalone version of Biab but he VST is still giving me the "Miscellaneous Error playing" so I guess this is again related to the Asio drivers I am using with in Reaper. The standalone seems to have more features than the VST so that's not a huge issue.

Thanks again!
Excellent, glad you got it working, and thanks for letting us know it has been sorted out.
© PG Music Forums