PG Music Home
Posted By: mgrey Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/16/19 04:57 AM
I'm totally new to BB and RB, and can't figure out how to use the piano roll to create. I set track to midi, and entering notes gives a piano tone on each entry. Playback gives no sound. I'd like to enter more than piano tones, and I'd like to get it to play back. I can't find any instructions.
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/16/19 06:38 AM
Setting up your default drivers and soft synths in RB is a bit more complicated in RB than in BiaB. Access the menu settings under "preferences" and utilize the "Help" button frequently!

Also keep in mind that your 64 bit VSTs will not work in RB.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/16/19 09:07 AM
Yes they will, get JBridge for ten bucks from PG. I've been using Sampletank 3 for several years with JBridge. What's cool about it is it's seamless, you don't have to anything but install it and all your VST's work automatically.

To the OP, just hit the piano roll icon and hit the Help button. To hear all your sounds you need to have a synth properly set up. Tell us exactly how your midi config is set up.

Bob
Posted By: mgrey Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/16/19 02:01 PM
It's all default settings with nothing installed that doesn't come with 2019 Pro version. I have no experience setting up midi and clicking on help buttons hasn't helped. Do I need to figure out how to install instruments? If a piano plays when I write notes, why not on playback. Thanks.
Posted By: mgrey Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/16/19 05:29 PM
Well... FWIW I have MS GS Wavetable synth as output driver and CoyoteWT as default DXI/VSTi. I'm getting different sounds on different channels as I enter notes, and finally getting playback sounds. I think I may need to know more before the user guide will make sense.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/16/19 11:45 PM
Glad to know that you got it working. Setting up the sound source is a critical part.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/20/19 03:06 PM
for some reason, it has been my experience with RB that when I manually enter notes in piano roll on a new MIDI track, I can't hear the notes on playback until I save and exit. When I reopen the file, the notes will play.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Where is info on Piano Roll in RB? - 06/24/19 01:55 PM
To hear the notes as you play them you have to click on "Enable Input Monitoring" in the upper right corner of the Audio window.

Bob
© PG Music Forums