PG Music Home
I can go the showcase page and demo and style I want but when I hit the "okay" button I still have the previous style showing. What am I doing wrong?
Originally Posted By: GildfordMusician
I can go the showcase page and demo and style I want but when I hit the "okay" button I still have the previous style showing. What am I doing wrong?

Can you confirm is the 'showcase page' the StylePicker page?
If so, what style did you select? Did the page close when you pressed the OK button?

Is the OK button you pressed the one shown in the 2nd image below?

Attached picture 2019-07-06_07-20-45.jpg
Attached picture 2019-07-06_07-23-29.jpg
Yes that is the button. I tried multiple times on a variety of styles...yes the style picker page.
I'm wondering if you are showing styles you don't have. What version did you buy? Pro, UltraPak, other?

One thing you could try to see if this is the problem is to select the Other button (upper left, after Category, Time Sig etc.). Select Show Styles That Are Found/Not Found, and then when a choice opens up, select Show Only Styles That are FOUND. Is the style you wanted still listed?
Thanks guys!

When I went to set the styles that are found it was already selected (default?) I have pro. Is it possibly a glitch? I let the biab do the auto install on the style packs...I can demo them but not get them to change the style for the song.
Do you have to rebuild the styles list before you can use it?
You must rebuild after every update. But I don’t think that applies here since he can see the style he wants. Rebuilding the index is required before you sort on other criteria such as tempo, and BIAB gives you a reminder of that.
GilfordMusician when you installed BIAB, you were given four options to install. Which did you choose? The reason I’m asking is that I want to make sure all your files are in the right place.
This was a download and I let it place the files in the BB folder...It seemed to load fine,,,the down load was hefty...lol...I think about 120 gigs. It seemed like it knew better than me where it wanted to stick stuff?

Should I be checking somewhere else...Also, I just noticed there was an update available so I did the update but still cannot get the stylepicker to overwrite the one that is on the songwriting page...
Guys I went back and read your posts again....I didn't think that when I checked the only pick found files that a did the rebuild...so I did that and it is working now...I think after rebuild there may be less files showing in stylepicker....?

Thanks so much for your patience...this stuff is somewhat difficult for me...I appreciate the help!
Thank you for reporting back. Glad it’s working now.

You will be answering questions for others in no time.
© PG Music Forums