PG Music Home
Posted By: cptnzod Delete Melody - 07/19/19 07:26 PM
I have made a song. Wrote chords and entered melody ( with pain ). Now I want to delete everything after bar 60. I can cut the chords but the melody stays around! How do I remove it all after bar 60 please?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Delete Melody - 07/19/19 08:31 PM
Hi cptnzod,

Under the "Edit Menu" there's an option called "Erase from... to...". This will do what you're after.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: cptnzod Re: Delete Melody - 07/20/19 09:22 PM
Thank you! That did it.
How do I delete a range of melody?
I can click on each note and delete. What if I want a few melody measures/bars erased?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Delete Melody - 07/20/19 09:51 PM
Use the same option.

This time, though, fill in the starting bar and how many bars. For example if I want to delete bars 32-35 in a 64-bar song, I'd fill in the dialogue box to say that my starting bar is 32 and that I want to delete 4 bars.
Posted By: cptnzod Re: Delete Melody - 07/22/19 02:30 PM
Will this erase the chords too?
I would like to keep the chords and delete the melody for a few bars.
Posted By: Dave Re: Delete Melody - 07/22/19 05:31 PM
Try it...
Copy the song to a new name (as a backup) and then follow Noels instructions. You will learn this software much quicker by trying. You won't break it, and you learn by doing
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Delete Melody - 07/22/19 08:00 PM
Dave's advice is excellent. That's how I learnt many of the ins and outs of the software... as he says, always work on a second, backup copy. Then if things go wrong, it's very easy to return to the original.

To answer you question... Yes, you can preserve the chords. There are option boxes to select or de-select regarding which components you want deleted.
Posted By: cptnzod Re: Delete Melody - 07/23/19 02:26 AM
Thank you folks!
This one is taken care of. I copied to a new song and practiced.
All is good now.
© PG Music Forums