PG Music Home
Hi,
(I have the win 2019 ultrapak HD which I thought contained all RT's.)
I wrote a song using Bargpop.sty, which was fine but wanted to add a guitar solo. On selecting a realtrack in the soloist slot, I picked the first soloist option (3197:Guitar....) but got no sound on the soloist track. I then tried the second soloist option (3199:.....) and the same - no sound on the soloist track. The third option worked OK.
According to the help menu 'what add-ons do I have?' there's nothing missing (Apart from the Andy Laverne 12). I tried the 'verify' & 'find & fix' options via RT preferences but they showed no issues.
So, have I missed something?
Thanks
Dave
Did you generate the song again after adding the RealTrack? I usually just rough out the song in BIAB then add solos and extra tracks in RealBAnd which is a lot more flexible.
Yep - made no difference regen or play. I've only used Realband once I've got solo that I like the feel of to generate new parts for it in RB. Didn't realise you could add new solo in RB but Biab has worked ok on other stuff. Just makes me wonder why these soloists won't sound in BIAB
Hi Dave,

The Realtracks you mention belong to set #310.

Sometimes Realtracks are included in BonusPaks which are a special deal outside of the normal UltraPak purchase. With set #310, though, as far as I can see, that looks like it's part of the 2019 UltraPak. I wonder if this slipped past the installation process?

Log-in into your PG Music sales site (not the forums) and go to My Products. If you have registered your UltraPak with PG Music, all your download files will be in My Products. Look for the Realtrack set that contains #310 and download it and install it. See if that fixes your problem.

Prior to doing this, though, check the tempo of your song. The two Realtracks you mention have a recommended tempo of 130 bpm. If your song tempo is too far removed from this value, BIAB's default behaviour is to automatically substitute a better Realtrack for the tempo. (This feature can be disabled but I don't have time to outline how at the moment. I'm getting ready for work.)

Hope this helps,
Noel
Thank-you, Noel - that solved it - the rt is there now. Just as a supplementary Q for future reference, 1. How do I identify which realtrack is in which download? Is it as simple as the first two digits of the RT displayed in BIAB ties to the first two digits of the download? 31 in this case.
2. Also although at least two RT were missing, the reported number of RT's has not changed (2711), so I'm now wondering if there are others I now need to download as I did a piece a few months ago which called for a chamber ensemle where I had a similar issue of blank tracks & ended up doing the chamber stuff in midi in a DAW
Poldav,

You stated
Quote:
snip ... although at least two RT were missing, the reported number of RT's has not changed (2711), so I'm now wondering if there are others I now need to download

Each RealTrack is composed of a group of files so I don't know of a way for a user to determine if every file is downloaded other than trying to load each RealTrack into a song file and see what happens.
Thanks Jim,
I appreciate that there seems to be no way to check RT's now. But it would be useful for future reference to know which RT is in which download. Is there a list anywhere?

If not, how do I identify which realtrack is in which download?

Is it as simple as the first two digits of the RT displayed in BIAB ties to the first two digits of the download? (RT's 3197 & 3199 are in download 310 in this case.)
Hi again, Dave.

This might help.

If you enter into Realtrack Picker (see IMAGE 1 below), it's possible to see what set the different RTs belong to.

Note... if your BIAB desktop does not have the Realtrack icon like I do, use CTRL+T to switch from fullscreen view to standard view.

Once in Realtrack picker (see IMAGE 2), if you have a look on the right side of the window, there's a column header called "Set". Click on this, and the Realtracks will be sorted by set number.

If the column is too narrow to show the number fully, in the heading row, move the mouse to the right side of "Set" and over the boundary between columns. When the cursor changes, left-click and drag to the right to widen the column (it's like Excel in this regard).

Regards,
Noel

Description: IMAGE 1... entering into Realtrack Picker
Attached picture Realtrackpicker 2019.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2... sorting by "Set"
Attached picture realtrack picker 4.JPG
Noel,
Thank-you very much for your help. It is much appreciated.
Regards
Dave
Originally Posted By: Poldav
Noel,
Thank-you very much for your help. It is much appreciated.
Regards
Dave

It's a pleasure, Dave.

It's possible to sort the Realtracks by clicking on any of the column headers. This can be useful sometimes.

Also, when in this window, it's possible to manually load a Realtrack on any of the BIAB tracks. I use this feature often.

All the best with your music making,
Noel

The official list you asked about is here I think
https://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.all.php?os=win

It would be nice if these PGMusic references could settle on a naming convention or include the numbers .. something
Originally Posted By: rharv
It would be nice if these PGMusic references could settle on a naming convention or include the numbers .. something

Yes, this.
© PG Music Forums