PG Music Home
Posted By: Gary524 Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 08/17/19 05:08 PM
I'm trying to edit a midi melody line (imported from an .xml file) in the notation window. I am in Editing mode. When I right click on a note, 8 times out of 10 nothing happens. The other two times, I get the context menu that allows me to edit the note, or delete it. Why does it take so many tries to get the context menu?
I haven’t experienced that, nor read that complaint from others. Not to say you aren’t having trouble...

Is this Windows? Do you have BIAB 2019 with the latest build? Or a Mac with 2018?

Is there anything unusual about your monitor or mouse? Unusually high resolution? Multiple monitors? Drivers for both devices up to date? Both work fine in all other programs?

Try Return to Factory Settings (you can save yours first) and see if that changes anything.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 08/17/19 07:47 PM
Hi Gary,

Like Matt, I haven't experienced this either and I do a great of notation in BIAB.

I wonder if the problem is that "mono" and "clean" may be deactivated? These are found above the staff -- see image below.

Also, to delete a note when in Editable Mode, hold down "Delete" on the computer keyboard and then click on the centre of the note-head.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture note entry and edit standard setup.JPG
Posted By: Gary524 Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 08/17/19 07:55 PM
Thank you, Matt...I am running Windows 10 and BIAB 2018. I DO have multiple monitors, but none are extremely high resolution (1920x1080). However, I do think you might be on to something. After more experimentation, I am finding that just right-clicking on the note is not enough...the mouse pointer has to be centered PRECISELY in the center of the note to get the context menu. The mouse seems to work normally with other programs.
Posted By: Gary524 Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 08/17/19 07:58 PM
Thank you, Noel. Both "Mono" and "Clean" are checked. But the tip for deleting notes works! Thanks!
Posted By: natcheztoo Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 09/12/23 02:04 PM
I have continually experienced that problem. I found that "my" problem was due to my mouse. It was extremely difficult to get the delete menu to come up. I found that pressing the mouse button hard from a different angle would finally work.

I just found out that a much easier way to delete an individual note in my 2020 BIAB is to hold down the delete key on the keyboard and then simply click on the note. Voila! and poof. The note is gone.

What I am having extreme difficulty with, and have found no solution that works for me, is: deleting several or multiple notes at a time. Nothing recommended works. Suggestions?
My first suggestion is to start a new thread and mention deleting multiple notes.

Tell us the exact steps you tried. Also please tell us if you use the Windows or Mac version, and if your build is up to date. Thanks.
Posted By: natcheztoo Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 09/13/23 02:50 AM
Hi! Windows all the way.

The search engine on my Microsoft Edge has AI built into it. It is amazing how quickly it will "fetch" what you ask it. A lot of it is helpful; some is not. I will replicate some searches and copy them in below:

None of this one worked:

To delete multiple notes in Band-in-a-Box 2020, you can select the notes you want to delete by clicking and dragging your cursor over them. Once you have selected the notes, you can press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove them 12. Alternatively, you can right-click on the selected notes and choose Delete Selected Events from the pop-up menu 2.

Neither did this:

To delete multiple notes in Band-in-a-Box 2020, you can select a note or a group of notes, then tap the Delete key. Alternatively, select notes, right-click, and choose Delete Selected Events in the pop-up menu 1.

I’m sorry to hear that the previous solution did not work for you. Here are some additional steps you can try:

Ensure that you have selected the correct notes before deleting them. You can select a note or a group of notes by clicking on them while holding down the Shift key.
If the Delete key does not work, try using the Backspace key instead.
If neither of these options work, try restarting Band-in-a-Box 2020 and attempting to delete the notes again.
If you continue to experience issues, please refer to the Band-in-a-Box 2020 User’s Guide 12 for more detailed instructions or contact their support team for further assistance.

That is about the sum total of my efforts.

Thanks,

Natcheztoo
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 09/13/23 05:08 AM
A fantastic effort to respond, and thank you for your efforts.

However, we really need to know exactly what version and build the O/P is using. This might help significantly.
Posted By: natcheztoo Re: Deleting notes in the Notation Window - 09/13/23 01:10 PM
Hi Audio Track!

I tell people that what I know about BIAB is comparable to two or three grains of sand on an expansive beach.

Where and how do I look for and find:

However, we really need to know exactly what version and build the O/P is using. This might help significantly.

Thank you.

Natcheztoo
Go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box. In this window at the top it will have the Version year, then the number in brackets afterwards is the build number.

Attached picture about_2023_build_1010.png
© PG Music Forums