PG Music Home
This is probably embarrassing because I've been using BiaB for nearly a year now, but I've just realised I am missing a whole load of styles.

FYI I am using BiaB 2019 UltraPak with the latest updates. I have the Extra Styles Addons 1-7.

I think I should have about 6,600 Styles, but my installation is only showing about 5,200.

My missing styles are:

Styles Disks : 4 ,5 ,6 (Jazz) ,8 ,9 (Latin/Salsa) ,11 (Classical) ,13 (Euro/Techno) ,14 Jazz Fusion ,15 (Nashville Country) ,17 (Unplugged) ,18 ,19 ,20 ,22 ,23 ,24 ,25 ,27 ,29 ,30 ,31 ,32 ,33 ,34 ,35 ,36 ,37 ,38 ,39 ,41 ,43 ,45 ,47 ,55 ,56 ,59 ,64 ,65 ,66 ,68 ,69 ,71 ,72 ,73 ,74 ,75 ,76 ,77

I've tried reinstalling everything I have but they're still missing. Is anyone able to tell me where I can find these?

Thanks!

Mike
Hi Mike,

If this were my problem, I'd use "Live Chat" to ask a PG Music representative. This is especially so given that you've re-installed.

I'm not sure what setup files contain what styles.

Regards,
Noel
Mike, first, are you using BIAB for Windows or Mac?

Assuming Windows, are you up to date with Build 632? It fixed the indexes so you can see XtraPak Styles 1 through 7.

Is that list from Options, What Add-ons Do I Have? If not, how did you get that list of missing styles?

Write back and we'll proceed from there.
Hi both

Firstly, thanks for your replies. I'm always very grateful to people on this forum taking the time to help other users out.

Noel - I used the Live Chat and spoke to a sales rep, who said to try again on Monday when their tech team will be back (which I will do if I haven't figured it out by then).

Matt - I am using Windows and I am up to date with Build 632 and yes, I got that list from the "What Add-ons do I have?" thing in the options.
Hi Mike

I don’t know how long you have had BIAB and if it was an upgrade over an older version, but it may be worth running the tidy routine (this is run cleanup routine in help/utilities ) just to make sure any older strays are in the right place.

Then do a slow rebuild of you styles picker especially as you have style pack 7

Mike
I thought about that, but he probably had BIAB 2018 which was the first version to reorganize the file locations. Still, it can’t hurt to run that Cleanup utility.
Hey both,

Thanks again for the replies.

I did originally have BiaB 2018 Pro, but I upgraded to the UltraPak and then upgraded to 2019. I wonder if some RealStyles got lost in the upgrading process.

I'll try running the Cleanup utility & do a slow rebuild and see if that helps.
OK. And then contact PG Music Support tomorrow if no joy. Good luck.
Well, the Cleanup didn't work, but I did find a workaround solution by downloading and installing everything onto my laptop and then copying the styles folder over to my normal computer.

For future reference, do you know if there is a way to completely uninstall all BiaB/RealBand files (except songs of course) from one's computer, rather than just the applications? Just asking in case I need to do a complete fresh re-install in future.

No worries if you're unsure, I can ask tech support as I think I will still contact them despite my workaround.

Thanks once again for the assistance!
This has been asked many times before, and as far as I know, the answer is still the same. If you first copy your songs and any custom styles to save them, you can simply delete the /BB folder.

A few small files will remain on your system, such as the seven PG fonts. Any soft synths would also remain, but these often have their own uninstall entry in Control Panel, Programs.
Matt: Been wondering about what to do with the BIAB Activation Tickets that are created when you activate the program. What should be done with those so you do not go over the magic 3 installs.

I know you can call support if needed and they can restore the counter but how to avoid that situation to begin with. I have a desktop and a laptop so 2 of my 3 are being used.

Thanks.
© PG Music Forums