PG Music Home
Posted By: stevejohnwood123 no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/10/19 12:37 PM
Hi I have sound on my BIAB songs but not on YOUtube help videos .. CAn anyone help please
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/10/19 08:23 PM
Originally Posted By: stevejohnwood123
Hi I have sound on my BIAB songs but not on YOUtube help videos .. CAn anyone help please

Firstly, welcome aboard.

Presuming that you are using Windows O/S, I would check the Windows Sound settings. Right-click on the speaker icon on the task bar, select the 'Open Volume Mixer' item and check the levels for the various devices that are listed.

Also, select Open Sound Settings and check the output device is OK.

I think you will find this is related to the volume mixer for the particular playback device.

So let us know if this assists.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/11/19 11:09 AM
Hi

Apart from the above good advice.

It may be that you have two applications trying to share an Asio sound driver at the same time most asio drivers do not allow this.

If BIAB is running at the same time as trying to view the videos try closing BIAB.
Or switch your BIAB sound driver to MIME temp just to test or try WAS drivers.

Mike
Posted By: stevejohnwood123 Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/11/19 03:56 PM
Thanks for your help guys I will check those
things
Posted By: stevejohnwood123 Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/13/19 02:45 PM
Thanks I tried your ideas but still no sound on either YouTube or iTunes
Posted By: stevejohnwood123 Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/13/19 02:46 PM
Thanks I tried your ideas but still no sound on YouTube or iTunes
Posted By: MarioD Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/13/19 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: stevejohnwood123
Thanks I tried your ideas but still no sound on YouTube or iTunes

What file format are you sending to YouTube and iTunes? If you are sending a BiaB format or a MIDI format they wouldn't work as they must be a wav or MP3 file.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: no sound on BIAB tuition videos - 09/13/19 07:51 PM
Steve,

What audio driver are you using?

Mike mentioned this above but there are some audio drivers that only let a single program take the focus and stop other programs from using the soundcard. This sounds like it might be what's happening.

Under the "Audio" menu, select "Audio driver/settings" and change the "Audio driver type" to MME.

Regards,
Noel

© PG Music Forums