PG Music Home
Posted By: Biglad Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 11:48 AM
Hi guys
I've loaded an old song into biab , to remix . The whole song plays all the way through no problem.
I then try to save each track as a separate wavy file, but it only saves about 15/20 seconds of it. Any advice on what I could do would be appreciated
Cheers brad
Posted By: jford Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 11:53 AM
First thing I would do is make sure you are running the latest BIAB 2018 patch (Build 520).
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 11:55 AM
Could you tell us the exact steps you are using to save the .WAV files?

Is there enough free space on the drive to which you are saving?
Posted By: Biglad Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 12:27 PM
Hi Matt
I've enough hard drive space , I'm pulling the bass into the wave box on the left side of biab. I've tried opening wav box on header line, but this doesn't let me save separate files. I'm on biab 2018 windows.

It's an older file but plays all the way through , except it only has 15/20 on the wav file
Cheers brad
Posted By: Biglad Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 12:28 PM
Thanks John I'll try that
Cheers brad
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 02:32 PM
There are two common ways to save as a Wav file.

One is from Save Special, the other is to drag the track to the DAW drop zone.

Do you get the same result if you use both methods?

Attached picture 2019-10-09_04-27-14.jpg
Attached picture 2019-10-09_04-28-36.jpg
Posted By: Biglad Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 05:18 PM
hi john ive tried to run the update but it says not compatible with my version
Posted By: jford Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 05:28 PM
If you are running BIAB 2018, it should be compatible, as that is the most recent 2018 update. That says something else must be wrong.

What do you see if you run "Help, About" to display the version. Also, make sure you specify the correct folder locations when you do the install. The installer may have defaulted to displaying the, well, default locations, but you are free to change it to match your installation.
Posted By: Biglad Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 05:54 PM
hi john
its working for some songs but not others,when I open the Help about ,it says version2018.and im up to date with updates .
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Files not complete in download - 10/08/19 06:08 PM
Have you tried a factory reset? (Under the Options menu.)

Try the "MOST" reset first and if that doesn't solve the problem, try the "ALL" choice. Before doing that, though, make sure that you save your current setup (that's also under the Options menu).

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Files not complete in download - 10/10/19 09:36 AM
If your goal is to get individual WAV files of each track for further processing for a project in your DAW, instead of spending hours trying to repair what may be a problem with a single BIAB file, I recommend spending 20 minutes of playing your song through one track at time while recording the output direct into your DAW rather than continue to attempt to render each track. 5 tracks each of a 4 minute song is 20 minutes.
© PG Music Forums