PG Music Home
Is it possible to create a seamless 2 or 4 bar loop for use with Boss RC 300?

I have tried this but I cannot get anything to loop seamlessly, there is always a glitch at the end of the loop.
It loops fine within band in a box when I set it to more than one chorus of course.

I can't believe that this very complicated (and expensive) isn't capable of doing this, I must be doing something wrong.

Please HELP!! (I remember the days where it was possible to get online help)
Hi,

What are you trying to create a loop of?

Noel
Hi, I'm trying to create 2 or 4 bar sequences to use in the RC 300, but the last bar doesn't end in a way that the loop is seamless. I have to save it as 2 choruses and then edit in audacity by chopping the wav in half. I can't believe that Band in a Box isn't capable of doing this simple task, I must be doing something wrong. I'm sure I have tried every possible setting :-(
Sorry Parkgate, I didn't explain myself well enough.

Is it a Realtrack audio generation that you are trying to loop or is it percussion (or something else even)?

If I know exactly the instrument/drums/effects you are trying to loop, I can play around and see if I can solve the problem.
I'm using BIAB to create a song with no endings which uses 2 or 4 bars of 2 realtracks, bass & rhythm, then saved as a WAV to use in the Boss looping station :-)
Hi again,

I've just tried saving a 2-bar BIAB generation and when I looped it, it sounded fine. I imagine that some combinations of instruments will work better at doing this than others -- I might have been lucky.

What I did was to save my 2-bar generation using "AUDIO | Export song as audio file". This is accessed via the very top menu bar.

When saving this way, the user gets access to saving the ACID info (which is needed for loops). So make sure that this is on. Also, make sure that the 2-bar lead-in and "Drums lead-in" are inactive.

Regards,
Noel

Originally Posted By: parkgate
Is it possible to create a seamless 2 or 4 bar loop for use with Boss RC 300?

I have tried this but I cannot get anything to loop seamlessly, there is always a glitch at the end of the loop.
It loops fine within band in a box when I set it to more than one chorus of course.

I can't believe that this very complicated (and expensive) isn't capable of doing this, I must be doing something wrong.

Please HELP!! (I remember the days where it was possible to get online help)

Parkgate,

If you are using Band-in-a-Box for Windows then you also have RealBand. Creating a loop with key and tempo information embedded in the loop is very easy in RealBand.

Highlight the selection that will become the loop > Select "Render" > Select "Export Acid Loop-Highlighted section or entire track to WAV in Loops folder"

The newly created loop will be stored in the Loops sub folder. The Loops sub folder is nested at X:bb\Realtracks\Loops where X = storage drive letter.

Description: RealBand > Render > Export Acid Loop
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Hi, thanks for this - however I spent 8 hours trying to figure out how to use the 2019 version of Realband and finally gave up at 6am in the morning. I think that BIAB and Realband are just not capable of doing this so will revert back to Audacity. I have to save a song as 2 choruses and then find the point at which I can split the wav so that it will loop seamlessly.That works but it is very time consuming.
My other option is to do it manually into the looping pedal of course, which is probably quicker anyway!
© PG Music Forums