PG Music Home
BIAB 2019 Windows

When I click the "Edit current style in Stylemaker" button nothing happens, BIAB simply just continues without doing anything. The button is available (it's not 'greyed-out").
Seems to work for me both through File menu and through the Stylemaker icon (top hat)
Thanks for the quick response. I've tried both the above ways of editing the current style and nothing happens, I'm just returned to the screen I was at.

I expect to be taken to a Style Edit windows/dialog.

What should I expect to see after I click the "Edit current style in Stylemaker" button (or go in thru File menu)?
Not sure if you have used multiscreens before on your PC, if so the window may be trying to show on another screen. When you click on the button for "Edit current style in Stylemaker", do an ALT+TAB on your PC to see if the pop-up shows on the list of apps there.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure it's not popping up in a new window, but will try . . . however, at the moment I'm getting Access violation errors whenever I try to generate a new style OR edit the current style. . . I've posted these as a brand new thread:- https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=561930#Post561930
Killer,

"Edit current style" is working for me.

As a test, exit BIAB, now right-click on the shortcut, select "Run as administrator".

Does that help?

The fact that you're getting access violations, suggests that this is worth trying.

Regards,
Noel

Are you trying to edit Real Styles? The StyleMaker won't do that.

Are you trying to edit while the song is playing? that won't work either.

Are you inadvertently double-clicking (been there, done that) in which case the edit window might be hiding behind BiaB's main window

You may have already tried these, if so please ignore.

Insights and incites by Notes
You can edit a realstyle in stylemaker, but it will only let you change the instruments, which you can easily do through the mixer window anyway.
Thank you everyone for your assistance and suggestions. It's working fine now. Part of the problem might have been I didn't know exactly what screen would be displayed after I clicked: it's displaying "Stylemaker" at the bottom third of the screen, with an area to specify Part A, B and drum fills and end drums. I suppose that's what I should be getting?

I'm pretty sure I wasn't double-clicking; it could have been I was trying to edit a Real style. For now, let's put it down to user error and I'll see how I get on ;o)

Thank you everyone who helped.
The point about Real Styles is they're not styles at all. This has confused folks since the RT's were first developed and made into "styles". For 20 years Biab styles were based on midi and they still are now. With midi you can write out exact parts, bass lines, and phrases with the different instruments. Real Tracks are prerecorded audio files, not midi. A Real Style is simply a combination of RT's that sound good for a particular style of music but they are not Biab Styles in the literal sense. You can't go in in and edit a Real Style to change the RT bass line for example. The bass was prerecorded. If you want to use the Stylemaker you have to first pick a midi only style for your song. There is a checkbox in the Styles window that allows you to only see midi styles.

Many people who are new to all this try that and think midi is crap because it doesn't sound nearly as good as the RT's. That's only because they're not using a good midi synth. PG includes a basic synth for free and if you want better sounds you have to pay for them. There are tons of threads talking about this and all the different commercial synths that are available from $50 on up to the sky's the limit.

Bob
© PG Music Forums