PG Music Home
Posted By: Limau Time Signature Shift Problem - 11/07/19 04:59 AM
I have a Hula tune, Kaimana Hila, which has a famous change in meter. It is 16 bars. The first 11 are 4/4 and then 12 to 16 are 2/4. I had no problem writing this progression in BIAB, and it works. It shifts back to 4/4 at the end of the 16 bars.

Here's the problem: I set up to play 5 choruses. However, four bars into the 4th round, it stops playing. Wiggy huh?

I suppose there is some math I am missing. Any help will be much appreciated.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Time Signature Shift Problem - 11/07/19 05:17 AM
Hi Limau,

If by saying that it stops you mean that BIAB stops playing, the below might be useful.

Under the "Melody" menu on the uppermost menu bar, there's an option called "Generate Soundtrack". Select that.

Now, have a look at the graphic below and check that "Desired Duration" is not active. (See image below.) Selecting "Whole Song" could also be useful.

If that is not the problem, under the "Options" menu, there is a choice for "Return to factory settings". Select this and use the MOST option first.

Before returning to factory settings, I encourage you to save your current settings. This is also found under the "Options" menu.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture Soundtrack generator2.JPG
Posted By: Limau Re: Time Signature Shift Problem - 11/07/19 09:31 AM
Thanks Noel96, I will work through your advise and report back. I am a bit pressed for time just now.
Posted By: Limau Re: Time Signature Shift Problem - 11/07/19 10:51 PM
Back again. I am using BIAB 2018 for Mac. There is no Generate Soundtrack under Melody in upper menus. There is return to Factory Settings under Options but no option to save current settings.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Time Signature Shift Problem - 11/08/19 01:51 AM
Ahhhh... I don't know anything about Mac BIAB.

You might get more responses if you post in the Mac forum found at the URL below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=39&page=1
Posted By: Limau Re: Time Signature Shift Problem - 11/08/19 04:10 AM
Thanks anyway. I am in Cairns.
© PG Music Forums