PG Music Home
Posted By: Killer Soloists missing? - 11/13/19 11:31 AM
Installed on D:\bb - Band-in-a-Box 2019 UltraPAK Upgrade with RealBand

If I look in my Soloists folder (D:\bb\soloists) I have 4,150 items.

In my old version (I upgraded from version 2007 or something) I had some great guitar soloists, one of them was Jeff Lorber. Now in my Soloist dialog box the Jeff Lorber entry has "N/A" in front of it and I can't select it.

Additionally, when I go into "What add-ons do I have?" under Soloists I only have these listed:
"Soloist Disk Sets : 12 Andy Laverne Mainstream, 13 Andy Laverne Pentatonic"

I feel I'm missing something. Maybe I've not installed them all from the downloaded install files?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Soloists missing? - 11/13/19 03:47 PM
Not sure if this will help, but try running the Cleanup utility:
Help > Utilities > Run Cleanup Routine...
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Soloists missing? - 11/13/19 05:29 PM
Hi,

Those particular MIDI soloists are not part of the current UltraPAK, however if you've had them in the past they'll still work fine. Search for four .ST2 files that start with AL_ and JL_ and copy them into your current Soloists folder.

You have about 4150 files in your Soloists folder, that's what we would expect for an UltraPAK.
Posted By: Killer Re: Soloists missing? - 11/14/19 12:50 AM
Thank you. I tried that and every step of it gave an error message. Here's an example . . .

>>>>>> mergeFolders
source = D:\bb\JGSOLOS
dest = D:\bb\Songs and Lessons\JGSOLOS
backup = D:\bb\Data\Backup\Misc\
ERROR: source dir does not exist: D:\bb\JGSOLOS
ERROR: dest dir does not exist: D:\bb\Songs and Lessons\JGSOLOS
<<<<<< mergeFolders errorCount 0

???!?
Posted By: Killer Re: Soloists missing? - 11/14/19 12:55 AM
Thanks Andrew

I'd posted the message below, but since then have searched around on my old pcs and found some BB Soloist downloads, so will update when I've copied/installed on the new pc.

Thanks

Killer

there's a bit of a problem with that, as this is a new install on a new pc. I've looked on my older pc for the styles but can't find them. The original install disks are in storage (it's all a bit complicated!).

I'm hoping PG Music still hold a record of my purchases from way back. Would it be possible for me to contact Sales or Support, verify my old purchases and get these older styles? If not, is it possible to re-purchase them?

Also, should I expect the 4000+ of Soloists to be listed in my add-ons?

Thanks again.

© PG Music Forums