PG Music Home
Posted By: DannyJo239 Can chords be inputed like 8th notes - 11/23/19 01:18 AM
I just purchased a used version of BIAB 2008.5. It only allows you to input chords on 4 beats per measure, but I have an original tune that has two chords on one beat. Think the opening to Eagles Heartache Tonight. Is there a "work around" or "trick the machine" to that. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Can chords be inputed like 8th notes - 11/23/19 01:51 AM
BiaB still has a maximum of 4 beats per measure.

A workaround may be to purchase 'Expanded Styles' from Norton Music.

Contact Norton Music for more info.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Can chords be inputed like 8th notes - 11/23/19 05:08 PM
2008. Wow. You're in luck - 2020 is just about due in December usually with big initial discounts.

As a guitarist I'm often faced on BB with this sort of thing.
A 'possible' workround is to treat those opening bars as 2 beat bars using F5 to call up the change menu. When you input that second chord use Chord settings for that second chord to Push 1/8th.
When done always use F5 to reset the song back to 4 beats.
We're 'working' this weekend so not at PC so cant test it but it might be worth dickering about with Pushes that way.
HTH
Ian
Originally Posted By: sixchannel

A 'possible' workround is to treat those opening bars as 2 beat bars using F5 to call up the change menu. When you input that second chord use Chord settings for that second chord to Push 1/8th.
When done always use F5 to reset the song back to 4 beats.
We're 'working' this weekend so not at PC so cant test it but it might be worth dickering about with Pushes that way.
HTH
Ian

That won't work, Ian.

Yes, if you push beat two by 1/8 you will be able to get a chord on the "and" of beat one, but you won't be able to get a chord on beat two because you have already pushed it.

There is no way to do it at the moment, unless you play the part yourself. It's been a wishlist item forever to allow more than four beats per bar, maybe this year it will happen?
© PG Music Forums