PG Music Home
Hello All, I'm new to biab and I'm a guitarist. It seems like the songs I'm trying to play along with have the melody as a piano so when I open the notation with tabs all of the notes are on one string. I change the instrument to guitar and the notes don't change and it just seems down right silly to travel all the way up and down the fretboard on one string to play a song. I open up the guitar fretboard and change the position to the position I want to play in and it looks good while playing the song (on the fretboard view) However it doesn't change the tab sheet. Is there anyway to change the tab sheet notation to match the fretboard? The first two songs I manually changed the tab sheet, there has to be a better way. Thanks for your help
Hi,

Fellow tab-o-phile here. If I understand your post correctly, you may find this video very helpful (you can skip to approximately 7:50 where I address that issue in particular)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jyd1Y7u6MI&t=321s

Hope this helps :-)

DB09
Hi DeaconBlues09, That doesn't seem to be working on this song. Maybe it's because of the type of song it is. It is a MGU (Titled "My Favorite Things") file that I had downloaded and as far as I can tell the track is a midi instrument. I've only had BB for about a week, it blows away Guitar Pro. I'm at the learning stage and I guess I picked the wrong song to start with. I just opened up a real track song (Let It Snow) and it does change the tabs when I select a different position. I might need to start from scratch and make my own song. Thanks for posting the video, it really did help.
Originally Posted By: Brewzdude
Hi DeaconBlues09, That doesn't seem to be working on this song. Maybe it's because of the type of song it is. It is a MGU (Titled "My Favorite Things") file that I had downloaded and as far as I can tell the track is a midi instrument. I've only had BB for about a week, it blows away Guitar Pro. I'm at the learning stage and I guess I picked the wrong song to start with. I just opened up a real track song (Let It Snow) and it does change the tabs when I select a different position. I might need to start from scratch and make my own song. Thanks for posting the video, it really did help.

Hmmmm, I think this might help:

1. Open the leadsheet and make sure the relevant track is displaying its notation.

2. Press the "opt." button on the far left corner.

3. Select "Notation Options" in the dialogue box

4. Under track type make sure "guitar-6 string" selected

(Actually, I just tried realized that this option is greyed out in BiaB v 2020) cry

Oh well, I guess that's one of the things I'll have to mention in a post I gotta get around to making about needed patches to this version...

© PG Music Forums