PG Music Home
Posted By: Jimmy S No Microphone signal in BIAB [Resolved] - 12/11/19 12:50 AM
When trying to record an audio track in BIAB, I am unable to get any signal from my microphone. I have lots of signal everywhere else (audio interface, other software,etc..). My inputs are set correctly but I get nothing.

Thanks,
Jimmy

BIAB2019, Windows 10
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 03:39 AM
Under Audio > Record Audio > Test recording level, is the Microphone Enabled and shown as plugged in, and do you get any response on the VU meters?

Try this:

Attached picture 2019-12-11_17-36-47.jpg
Posted By: MarioD Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 10:17 AM
Hi Jimmy,

You stated that you have an audio interface. Are you sure that it set up correctly? Just in case here is how to check:
1- options/MIDI audio Driver setup
2- Audio settings
3- Audio drivers
4- Select you inputs and outputs

If this is OK then proceed to Video Tracks instructions.
It not OK then select your input and output sources then proceed to Video Tracks instructions.

PS - It helps if you list all of your specs, things like OS, audio interface name, etc. Info like that can help those whom are trying to help you.

Description: My setup
Attached picture Audio interface setup.png
Posted By: Jimmy S Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 11:14 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I have reviewed all of my settings again (for the 100th time) and they are all correct. My audio interface performs correctly in all areas of sound processing except BIAB. I am using a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. Iknow the sound is reaching my computer as I have tested it in Windows and it works perfectly. I am really at a loss on this one.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Posted By: sslechta Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 11:39 AM
I would check to see if all of your software for the device is up to date.

Native Instruments - Drivers & Firmware Updates
Posted By: Jimmy S Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 01:04 PM
Success. It seems the drivers for my interface had become corrupted. As soon as I reinstalled the driver I had lots of signal. I don't understand why only BIAB was affected but all is well. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Posted By: sslechta Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 01:45 PM
That's awesome Jimmy! Thanks for letting us know. BIAB seems to be more sensitive to audio driver issues than other music software I've seen. Glad you got it working.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 02:11 PM
Excellent. Thanks for letting us know, and how you resolved. This can assist others too.
Posted By: MarioD Re: No Microphone signal in BIAB - 12/11/19 04:37 PM
Thanx for letting us know. This may help others if or when they have a similar issue.
© PG Music Forums