PG Music Home
Are there many, many more substyles per style in 2018 BIAB than in 200.5BIAB.
I assume you mean sub styles beyond A & B, like C, D etc.

I think the answer must be some but not a lot. If I recall correctly, RealDrums first appeared in BIAB 2007 and RealTracks in 2008. Sub styles beyond A & B were not introduced until a couple of years later. So I’m not sure whether BIAB 2008.5 had any at all.
There are a lot of the "b" choices in 2008.5.
Right. I guess I wasn’t clear. What I meant was that i thought sub styles BEYOND A and B were not available in 2008.5.

As soon as RealTracks and RealDrums appeared, they always had both A and B sub styles.
But, there are a whole lot more styles available (especially with the UltraPak) and BIAB let's you define your own additional substyles (C, D, E, F, etc) based on any other style.
And it has been possible to change styles within a song for many years. As John mentions, you can define your own as sub styles, but that is just a way to make it easier to change styles. Basically you are only limited by the total number of Realatracks, which are in the thousands now.
Hi DannyJo,

If you mean Styles rather than Substyles, in my 2020 Ultrapak equivalent, I have 7,400 -- that includes around 10 styles that I created and some additional styles form Bob Norton (probably 50 or so).

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums