PG Music Home
Posted By: Jimmy S Unable to record a vocal track - 12/17/19 06:45 PM
Hi folks. I'm having trouble recording a vocal track. Every thing seems to go well until I get to the "Keep Take" dialog box. At the top of the box it says "0 k audio recorded". I click on the Keep Take button and I get an error message that says "file format not found".

Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Unable to record a vocal track - 12/17/19 09:58 PM
Please give some detail as to how you input vocals into the program, and also which program. through the sound card, audio interface, etc. details help folks help you.
Posted By: Jimmy S Re: Unable to record a vocal track - 12/17/19 11:31 PM
Hey Rob,
Thanks for responding. Like you, I include all that info in my signature so I don't have to type it over and over. You might not recognize the Komplete Audio 6. That is my audio interface. I do not use a sound card.

Thanks,

Jimmy
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Unable to record a vocal track - 12/18/19 12:57 AM
Sorry I miss read that I was thinking software synth. Then when recording in either cakewalk or BiaB you need to make sure that what ever track you are recording to the input is set to the proper channel on the audio 6 test to make sure the track is armed and it receiving signal.

It’s far easier to me to record in cakewalk as you can see the meters move on the track. On cake you might need to arm the track your recording to by clicking the record button on the track, then click the red record button in the transport area
Posted By: Jimmy S Re: Unable to record a vocal track - 12/18/19 12:03 PM
Hi Rob,
I have no problem with recording in Cakewalk. It is only BIAB where I have a problem. BIAB is getting the signal. I can see it on the meters and hear it in my headphones (although just barely). I think the problem occurs when BIAB actually attempts to record the track. It says it's going to record it to a .wav file but when I hit the Keep Take button I get a error message stating file format not found. I have checked all my setting and I do not see an issue there.

Thanks,
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Unable to record a vocal track - 12/18/19 12:15 PM
Dumb question but are you using ASIO as the driver?

If you start CW first, BB gets another, different driver.

Be sure you have BB set to choose ASIO as the default driver mode and start it first.

Not sure that is the problem but it's worth a try.

Since I too have CW, I never use BB to record audio. It's all done in X1. However, I did try it many years ago and it worked perfectly but I don't recall if anything else was open at the time.
Posted By: Jimmy S Re: Unable to record a vocal track - 12/18/19 11:50 PM
Hi Herb.
I use WAS exclusive as that is what my AI uses.

I want to record vocals in BIAB for two reasons. If you record vocals you can record midi data to the melodist track. You can then have any solo instrument align itself with that melody track. Also if you then load the project into the 32 bit version of BIAB you can use that same melodist track to generate vocal harmonies.

Thanks,

Jimmy
© PG Music Forums