PG Music Home
Posted By: ADM External Drive and new Real Tracks - 12/22/19 06:20 AM
Hi guys! although I've had BIAB for a couple of years I still consider myself a newbie (there's a lot to learn still). I've had BIAB Pro from the beginning but decided I'd upgrade to the UltraPAK on Hard Drive. While I'm waiting on my shiny new hard drive to arrive I was curious about how the directories work for the RealTracks - if I choose to keep the RealTracks on the external drive and change the directory in BIAB to that - then where do any new or previously purchased RealTracks get installed to? At the minute everything is in C:\bb\RealTracks but if I want to keep them on the external drive - for example - E:\bb\RealTracks then where will any new ones I buy or have bought go? just curious? smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: External Drive and new Real Tracks - 12/22/19 10:07 AM
Welcome to the forum.

When you run the installer, it asks you where the RealTrack are.
Posted By: ADM Re: External Drive and new Real Tracks - 12/22/19 05:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Welcome to the forum.

When you run the installer, it asks you where the RealTrack are.

So does that mean it will copy my previously purchased extra RealTrak PAKs to the Band In A Box external hard drive?

The whole reason for getting it on a hard drive was so I can keep all the RealTracks on it instead of copying them to my computers hard drive and taking up too much space. But I have some Country RealTrack PAKS I bought a while ago that aren't part of the RealTracks that come with the UltraPak. confused
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: External Drive and new Real Tracks - 12/22/19 05:19 PM
No.

I maintain the files on my BIAB USB external drive manually, because I install all my RealTracks onto an internal drive. I always install each new version to the same place, so I accumulate all my files and don't worrk about losing bonus paks or styles, my songs, or user-defined styles.

After a new version installed onto my internal drive, I copy the whole RealTracks folder to the RealTracks folder on the USB drive. Same for RealDrums. Files already there of the same date or newer are skipped in the copying process. Yes, this does take a while, so I just let it run for several hours.

In your case, if you kept the installer for those extra Country paks you have, just run the installer for those again, specifying the USB drive file location in the install.

Posted By: ADM Re: External Drive and new Real Tracks - 12/22/19 05:45 PM
Ah right, gotcha now... thank you for clearing that up for me Matt - makes more sense now grin
© PG Music Forums