PG Music Home

sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm new to this, and may not even be referring to this in the correct way, maybe that's why I can't find help in the manual or in the forum.

All I want to do is:-

Add additional lines of musical staff to the chord sheet. ( I already created the chord sheet successfully)

-add one line that will allow me to write the melody to go along with the chords

- add another new line below this and write some harmony to go with the original melody created in the step above.

This seems so easy, but can't find info on how to do it.

thanks for any suggestions
Greetings WhiteCatzs, Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box.

I don't believe you can add empty lines. Notation and lead sheets reflect chord and note information contained in the tracks.

By the way, which program and build or release do you use? What computer operating system? That information might have a bearing on the answer.
Yes, welcome.

The Editable Notation Mode in BIAB allows you to enter a melody on the Melody track and harmony on the Soloist track. You may view these or other tracks one at a time.

You might also consider opening your BIAB song file in MuseScore 3, a dedicated music notation program in which you can see or create multiple staves.
hi & thanks
BIAB 2019 for MAC (317)
Thanks
I'm looking to find the edible notation mode.

All I see is a music note icon, when I hit that, it just changes the chord page to the lead sheet, but still does not allow me to enter any more staves for additional instruments.
That would be the notation mode, or perhaps you are in the Leadsheet Mode, for viewing and playing along. You want the Editable Notation Mode. Look at the icon to go to Notation Mode. The icon you want is to the right, in between Notation Mode and Piano Roll.

However - you will see only one voice at a time, in grand staff (like a piano - treble and bass clef).

To my knowledge, BIAB does not allow seeing and editing more than one voice at a time. I'm going to put that in the Wishlist.
© PG Music Forums