PG Music Home
Posted By: Masi How to make the soloist ignore holds? - 02/01/20 02:41 PM
I'm trying to make soloist #1441 to play over a series of holds. Unfortunately it insists to play a single long note for each of the holds.

The obvious workaround is to remove the holds render the solo, freeze it and put the holds back in.

But that is tediuos and brittle. I have to do that all over again if I want to re-generate a solo.

Masi
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How to make the soloist ignore holds? - 02/01/20 02:59 PM
Others may know more, but I think you already answered your own question.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to make the soloist ignore holds? - 02/01/20 05:57 PM
Hi Masi,

I agree with Trev ( as I usually seem to smile ). There is no way at present to exclude Realtracks that are located on either the Melody or the Soloist track from holds, rests and shots.

What you describe is the only way I know how to do it. By the way, you don't necessarily remove all holds, etc., it's only those ones that impact on the soloist.

If you have a spare track, other than the melody track, move your Soloist Realtrack to that one. You will then be able to exclude it.

Regards,
Noel
Hi guys.. Was just roaming around in forums I have not visit much before, and came across this tread. If understand it right what the question is about, then I do it all the time ! By adding an s after the pause, shot and hold dots, the solo is played normally at that chord.. The ONLY minus is that is ALSO do it for the STRING track... Seemes like s stand for BOTHS solo AND string. Mind u, that the track has to be regenerated after adding the s...;)
© PG Music Forums