PG Music Home
Posted By: Pine "new" user of BIAB - 02/02/20 08:33 PM
Hi everyone. I bought 2019 BIAB Ultra for Windows on a SSD a little over a year ago. Unfortunately, BIAB would crash every time I used it, usually within 15 minutes or so, lmost always after picking a style. So basically it was an expensive but unusable piece of software.

I worked with support extensively during this time. Their focus was always my PC, not bugs in their software. I finally got them to agree to send this up to the developers a month+ ago.

Today, after loading the latest updates, I was able to use BIAB for over 4 hours without it crashing. I was actually able to complete a small project. I’m hoping they got this fixed. Keep your fingers crossed for me. (and yes, that really does work! smile )

Craig
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: "new" user of BIAB - 02/02/20 09:16 PM
Hi Craig, and welcome.

It’s hard to know what happened to you from your story, but if it or anything else happens, let us know

I am curious about one thing. You said you purchased BIAB 2019 on an SSD drive. I didn’t realize that is an option; I thought it shipped on a standard USB hard drive. I do install BIAB onto one of my internal SSD drives, but it’s not essential.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: "new" user of BIAB - 02/02/20 09:17 PM
Craig, welcome.

A good outcome to an issue that must have been frustrating.

Hope everything continues to run OK for you going forward.
Posted By: Pine Re: "new" user of BIAB - 02/02/20 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
A good outcome to an issue that must have been frustrating.

Thanks. I'm hoping the 4 hours today wasn't just an anomaly. I will be very disappointed if BIAB resumes crashing.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: "new" user of BIAB - 02/03/20 11:30 AM
Welcome to the party. I’m glad you had some success.biab is usually very stable out of the box for most folks so I would still think crashing that often points to a computer issue. Maybe not an obvious one. Usually a audio driver, or third party app. When I started I had a lot of grief, but like most I found my system had a couple issues that never showed up in other less complicated software. Hang in there it is well worth it. One thought is that if you post your computer specs, other audio softwares, sound card type the folks on the forum might have experienced some type of issue like yours.
Posted By: Pine Re: "new" user of BIAB - 02/03/20 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Welcome to the party. I’m glad you had some success.biab is usually very stable out of the box for most folks so I would still think crashing that often points to a computer issue. Maybe not an obvious one. Usually a audio driver, or third party app.

Thanks Rob,

No, this was not an issue with my computer. It was a software bug. They fixed it! The developers should be congratulated for their good work. THANKS GUYS!!!

I spent another 3 (crash-free) hours going through BIAB tutorials. BIAB does a lot that I like. I purchased a bunch of Bob Norton stuff when I first got BIAB. Now that I can actually use them, all I can say is Wow. Thanks Bob.

Craig
© PG Music Forums