PG Music Home
Hello from a new guy. I have BAIB 2020. I have some drum kits I love in EZDrummer 2. Is it possible to use them with my BIAB creations?
Posted By: rharv Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/19/20 04:07 PM
Others may chime in, but I think it is easier to use them in the BiaB sister program called Realband.
It was included with your purchase.

But like I said, others may know how to do this in BiaB .. for me, by this point, I've moved on to RB when I want to start customizing the sound for each track (and add more tracks, whether generated or recorded).

The two work hand in hand nicely for many of us.
Posted By: Tribulus Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/19/20 06:25 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply rharv. So Realband is like a more advanced BIAB program? I
launched it after reading this and it seams to have many of the same features. I think I like the interface better. I couldn’t figure out how to get my EZDrummer kits in there either but hopefully someone else will chime in or I’ll dig up the info somewhere. I’m diving into some YouTube tutorials but the ones I’ve found a fairly agonizing so far.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/19/20 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Tribulus
So Realband is like a more advanced BIAB program?

RealBand is more like a DAW that can used BiaB tracks as well as your own other inputs. BiaB is more like a dedicated program that generates its own backing tracks.
I don't use EZDrummer, but someone will be along soon I think to give you more accurate advice.
I use EZDrummer2 here quite often, but I use it within my DAW, Reaper in my case. I export all the BIAB tracks as WAV files to Reaper, and then build the drum track with EZD2.

AFAIK there is no way to use it within BIAB.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/20/20 08:28 AM
Hi
I have no knowledge of Ezdrumer.

But if it is midi based and uses Chanel 10 to play custom drum kits.
Then you will use up ch10 with the first instance , you cant use ch 10 twice unless you have another midi port of 16 channels.

Mike
Posted By: rharv Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/20/20 08:47 AM
In Realband click the FX button for the drum track and in the top slot of the four available FX slots load your synth (EZDrummer).
The first time you use you need to use the Add VST option to find the dll file.
After that RB will remember and it will be in the list.
Posted By: Tribulus Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/20/20 09:09 AM
Thanks gang, I appreciate the prompt feedback. I’ll mess with it today. EZDrummer has a couple of dozen great sounding drum kits sampled that I’ve grown to love. The BIAB/RealTracks software is so much fun and so full featured I’d love to get them in there. I’ve also done some reading on the forums and have a better handle on the differences between BIAB and RealTracks.

I’m sure this is the first of many questions I’ll have.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/20/20 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I use EZDrummer/Superior Drummer when I get my tracks to my Pro Tools DAW. If I use MIDI drums in BIAB, I just export that MIDI over to Pro Tools and assign EZDrummer/Superior Drummer sounds on that MIDI there.

This is one of those topics that has several ways you can implement. There's no one right way, just the way that works for you....
Posted By: Tribulus Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/21/20 04:45 PM
Thanks again. I've been able to move the midi in and select my EZDrummer kits. Very cool.
Posted By: rharv Re: Can I use EZDrummer 2 kits with BAIB? - 04/21/20 07:27 PM
Yeah it is very cool once you get the hang of it.

Have fun!
© PG Music Forums