PG Music Home
Posted By: Teejay I Seen to have Lost My Realtracks - 04/26/20 01:28 PM
...and I'm sure it's a PEBKAC* problem.

When I have a song in progress, and go to the melody or Soloist Tracks and right-click, I "used" to get a list of Realtracks sorted by best-fit. That was before some computer difficulties that forced me to reload everything. (Not a BB Issue)

Now, following the re-load, I Right-click, choose "Select Realtracks", and click "Select Best "All" Realtracks". But the list that opens is EMPTY, except for "feel doesn't match", "tempo doesn't match" atc.

Dimly, in my memory from years ago, I recall some process I had to do, to get BB to "index" the Realtracks... but danged if I recall what that was. And without the name of that function, I sure can't find it in the manual! eek

If anybody can suggest something, my quarantined, sequestered self would raise a martini to your name and honor! smile

[* PEBKAC = "Problem exists between Keyboard and Chair" ]

Thanks, and stay safe!

Teejay
Posted By: rharv Re: I Seen to have Lost My Realtracks - 04/26/20 02:16 PM
Have you tried the Select All button on this screen?
Rebuild the Realtracks list is the only way I know of to re-index, but maybe the Select All button could cause that (?) in this particular window..
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I Seen to have Lost My Realtracks - 04/26/20 11:37 PM
Try these three things:

1: Press the Show All button.

2: Press the All button.

3: Make sure Options > Preferences > RealTracks points to the correct location.

PEBKAC, also similar to PICNIC (Problem In Chair, Not In Computer)

Attached picture 2020-04-27_12-31-46.jpg
Attached picture 2020-04-27_12-33-51.jpg
Hey there Teejay!

This video actually goes over the feature you mentioned above and explains things in detail. If you have further questions after reviewing this video, just let us know:

https://youtu.be/M5hgQOfiz74

Your RealTracks should still be there in your program - you can view them all under RealTracks | RealTracks Picker Dialog even if they don't appear under the best RealTracks option. Think of it as a way to view all the available RealTracks versus the best options available for your current project.

If you still aren't seeing your RealTracks, just like mentioned above, try hitting "show all" at the bottom of the RealTracks Picker Dialog.
© PG Music Forums