PG Music Home
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 06/02/20 06:17 PM
We never stop here at PG Music, so make sure that you check in on your installation of Band-in-a-Box® occasionally - we frequently release free patch updates to enhance existing versions, and fix 'bugs' reported by program users.

Windows program updates can be found here. We have a separate page for Mac updates, here.

You can also setup Band-in-a-Box® to check for updates automatically! Head to the Preferences window in the program, and select "Automatically check for updates every [__] days" (choose your number).

Not sure which "build" you have? Help | About... will bring up a window that will show your exact version number!
Posted By: SANDYAE Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/01/20 12:58 AM
When a new Build comes out does it include all the previous Builds?
Let's say I'm at Build A, I never get around to installing "B", but "C" comes
out and I install it. Will "C" include everything I missed by not installing "B"? Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/01/20 02:33 AM
Originally Posted By: SANDYAE
When a new Build comes out does it include all the previous Builds?
Let's say I'm at Build A, I never get around to installing "B", but "C" comes
out and I install it. Will "C" include everything I missed by not installing "B"? Thanks.

Good question. Generally speaking the latest build patch includes all previous updates. Unless specifically advised, you should not have to perform incremental updates.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/01/20 10:36 AM
VideoTrack is right - the patch typically includes all previous patches for that version. You do not need to install previous version patches before the most recent one.

smile
Posted By: SANDYAE Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/01/20 02:20 PM
Thanks, good to know for sure.
I have one more question about updates. I just purchased FL Studio. It has a BIAB plugin. Lets say PG Music updates their plugin. If by installing the patch in BIAB will FL Studio automatically pick up the updated plugin or do I need to also re-install in FL Studio itself?
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/01/20 02:46 PM
The "Band-in-a-Box DAW VST Plugin" is updated along with the main Band-in-a-Box program, provided that you check that box in the patch installer (default=checked). You can also check the File | About dialog within the plugin and make sure it is the latest available version e.g. 2.12.9.
Posted By: Alex07 Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 12:44 AM
Good day all,

My Mac has done a software update to macCatalina version 10.15.5

When trying to open BiaB, it states an update to the program is required for it to operate with the above Mac software. cry

My BiaB is version 2018, 267

Can anybody advise if there is an update available to assist in getting the BiaB operating again?

I updated the last from the site regarding my build number but didn't make any difference.

kind regards

Alex
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 02:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Alex07

When trying to open BiaB, it states an update to the program is required for it to operate with the above Mac software. cry
Can anybody advise if there is an update available to assist in getting the BiaB operating again?...

You may also get more info from Mac users by posting your question in the Mac forum. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 09:23 AM
You can upgrade to BIAB 2020 for Mac. It’s 64-bit now, so you won’t have that problem. All your old songs will load.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
You can upgrade to BIAB 2020 for Mac. It’s 64-bit now, so you won’t have that problem. All your old songs will load.

I asked the Mac forum users to help the O/P to resolve the issue, so that may provide them with an answer.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 04:18 PM
Yep, Mike gave the answer I did. Although I don’t use it much, I also have BIAB for Mac. The two versions - Windows and Mac - are supposed to be using the same code base now so they are getting closer in features, and the development time is shortening in between the release of the Windows version and the Mac version.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Alex07
Can anybody advise if there is an update available to assist in getting the BiaB operating again?

The answer you require is here
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/06/20 10:44 PM

2018 is a 32 bit app. Like all other 32 bit apps, it cannot work in Catalina.

You will need to upgrade to BIAB 2020.
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: Band-in-a-Box® Patch Updates - 09/30/20 05:34 PM
We just posted a video on how to update to the latest patch on a Mac!

© PG Music Forums