PG Music Home
Posted By: leif1000 Creating a simple ending on a specific beat - 06/16/20 03:06 PM
I created a video for this question to explain easier what I am having trouble with. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/tf_ep_Y2vhE
Video was a great touch. But a couple things I can't clearly make out. I circled suspect areas in red. Can you provide the .mgu file? I suspect someone here can make an adjustment to hit beat 3 at the end. I can tell you, I generally will fix this in my DAW, but would love to see it work out for you in the box.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
do a shot on beat 3 and a rest on beat 4 so instead of C with 3 dots which is for a held chord enter C.. on beat 3 and C. on beat 4

see page 129 of the manual
I didn't look at the song, but one trick I use is to divide up a measure into several measures of one beat. Then I can create the effect I need where I need it.
Ok. I tried that and it's still playing the last chord on beat one of the next measure (measure 55)
OK, thanks, but not good news for you.

What you are listening to are two conga RTs over the ending bars. These did not response to holds or shots because they likely do not have the recordings for those features. You can see what we are hearing in the pictures. You should be able to determine if these extra shot/hold recordings exist by looking in the drum picker. There is a column there which identifies what is available - but based on results I suspect they are not there. Have to do this in the DAW unless someone else knows a workaround.

Attached picture Capture2.JPG
Attached picture Capture1.JPG
Originally Posted By: leif1000
Ok. I tried that and it's still playing the last chord on beat one of the next measure (measure 55)

Turn off the two bar ending in song settings. Things will then stop prior to beat 3 (on the and of beat 2 of bar 54). These congas have a lot of syncopation.
OK, I got it to end on Beat 3. Just a lot of persistence and trial and error. Be sure to turn off the two bar ending. Hope this is more what you are looking for or at least steers you in the right direction. BIAB can be one complex puppy.

Attached picture Capture3.JPG
Attached picture Capture4.JPG
© PG Music Forums