PG Music Home
Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion* and Music Replay* programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

*Windows only
Please note: Those two ear training games are only available on the PC (despite many requests for a Mac port over the years).

Not trying to start up yet another flame war or anything, just trying to save new Mac users from wasting time & confusion on looking for something that simply is not there...
Callie,

My dear friend Dr.Kim McCord, Professor Emeritus at Illinois State University loves the Ear Training feature for teaching proper listening techniques to her Special Needs children and college level students.

Perhaps I can beg her for the details. She never fails to mention me as a successful disabled user and BIAB in general.

Her younger sister, Pam, has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Kim's given up everything to move to to the Atlantic Coast and become Pam's primary caregiver. Who wouldn't love such a lady? I'm so proud to be called her friend.
Posted By: w Re: Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games - 08/15/20 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Icelander
Please note: Those two ear training games are only available on the PC (despite many requests for a Mac port over the years).

Not trying to start up yet another flame war or anything, just trying to save new Mac users from wasting time & confusion on looking for something that simply is not there...

Thanks for the confirmation and hopefully these posts will inspire PG tech crew to work on that problem for the Mac users and purchasers of the Mac versions .
Chatted with Dr. McCord today and she is dedicated to being primary care giver to her sister and simply doesn't have time to join this topic at the moment. I had hoped that she would explain how she uses BIAB in a classroom environment. Stay tuned.

Kim has designed an award winning program for teaching music to Special Needs students of all ages.

Today, she mentioned a student who's only means of communication is the voluntary control of one eyebrow.
© PG Music Forums