PG Music Home
Posted By: Lesley55 How to delete "section text event"? - 09/19/20 04:54 AM
I accidentally inserted a "section text event" in notation view. It appears as the number 2 enclosed in a box, as shown below. I want to get rid of it. Does anyone know how?

[img:left]https://imgur.com/a/4SeDb99[/img]
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to delete "section text event"? - 09/19/20 09:59 PM
Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the graphic. It helps heaps to see what the problem is. The image below should solve your issue. Just follow the 1, 2, 3, 4.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture bar-based section text remove.JPG
Posted By: Lesley55 Re: How to delete "section text event"? - 09/19/20 11:21 PM
Thanks for this, Noel. Is click 2 in the same bar as thing I'm trying to get rid of?
Because I did that, and it didn't work. I then tried clicking on number 1 or 2 in the table instead of "remove", and it produced MORE of the symbols. But the new ones went away when I clicked "remove", thank goodness. The original one is still there though.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to delete "section text event"? - 09/20/20 02:48 AM
Ahh....there are still a couple of other possibilities.

You mentioned section text in your original post. Because the numeral 2 didn't look like section text, I went with "Bar based section letters."

On the image above, notice the "Precise Placement Section Letters".

Right-click in the middle of the "2" in notation mode and then select that option.

Now see if you can remove it by following the same procedure as described before.

If that fails... try the "Edit Section Text" option.... a few menu items up from "Bar Based Section Letters".
© PG Music Forums