PG Music Home
Posted By: albylizhard Problems in savings SGU files - 11/04/20 04:41 AM
Hi there, very new to BIAB ( 2017 version ) and I need a basic help about how to save songs.
When I use the " save as " button, I choosa a song name then when I look into the folder I saved it m I only find a NO NAME file .
So I have to rename it manually,and this happen either I use the .SGU after the name when I save
Another thing I don't understand, when I open the NONAME file it open with the chords change but BIAB didn't save any style or reale track change I've made .
Basically : HOW DO I SAVE MY SONGS ?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems in savings SGU files - 11/04/20 06:34 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I don't know if this helps, but before you save your song, try setting the song name by clicking on the Song Name window (image 1, below), then selecting Save from the File drop-down menu, and making sure it is saved with the file name you have chosen.

Attached picture 2020-11-04_20-28-50.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems in savings SGU files - 11/04/20 06:35 AM
Also, make a not of the exact folder that you have saved the song to. That is where you will need to load it from in future.
Posted By: albylizhard Re: Problems in savings SGU files - 11/04/20 06:48 AM
Hello and thank you for your reply.
That's exactly the way I do it .
I plce the name of the songs in the proper dialog box song name , then I save it with the drop File menu using Save as , I set up a directory on my documents folder where I want to save all my songs ....but whne I try to open it I only find an BIAB icon saying NO NAME FILE .

This is driving me crazy cause it should be the easier thing on the planet ( save a projet ) and I do that all the time with all my music programs...I mean , I'm a Mac user since 2008 :-) and I know exactly how to save a project with every program.....but this Band in a box is driving me nut !!

There must be a bug or maybe a setting ( but I checked everywhere ) and I can't find it !
Posted By: MarioD Re: Problems in savings SGU files - 11/04/20 03:59 PM
Are you saying that the file is there and called no name? Or does BiaB not find any saved files?

If it is the later then BiaB is looking into the wrong folder. On a PC one would press the F3 key then you would search for the proper folder. If you don't change that folder then every time you press the F3 key it will take you to that folder. Hopefully the same will happen with a Mac.

I hope this helps and good luck.
© PG Music Forums