PG Music Home
Posted By: CallDon Audiophile hdd backup? - 11/10/20 01:38 PM
I just received my audiophile HDD. I want to copy it SSD, work from that and keep the original for backup.

Would a 2tb SSD work? Any recommendations?

And how would I copy it to the SSD so it would be workable/usable??

Thanks so much!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audiophile hdd backup? - 11/10/20 04:14 PM
Yes. The audiophile version of BIAB 2020 for Windows takes about 1.5 TB.

Of course, version 2021 is expected to add more, but at the rate they have increased, 2 TB should be fine for several more years.

I copied two folders under the /BB main folder:

/Drums
/RealTracks

Takes awhile...

Then you just go into Preferences, RealTracks and point to the new location. Do the same for RealDrums.

ps If BIAB 2021 comes out within 30 days of your purchase of 2020, give Sales a shout.
Posted By: CallDon Re: Audiophile hdd backup? - 11/10/20 05:22 PM
Hi Matt, I've listened to some of your music and its really nice.

I'm thinking I need to copy everything to the SSD. And store the original hard drive for backup. But I'm not sure.

I have not installed anything on the computer that I'll be using. So, should I do that first? are you telling me that the only thing I need to copy is the RealTracs and drum tracks and just play those from the SSD? I do or I do not need to copy anything else? I just want to get this part finished at the beginning so I don't have to redo it later.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Audiophile hdd backup? - 11/10/20 06:16 PM
My question is is the SSD drive the C:/ or is it another drive? If it is the C drive then your will have to copy the entire BiaB drive on to it. But if the SSD is a drive other than the C drive then you would install BiaB on the C drive and the RDs and RTs on the other drive, i.e. your 2TB SSD.

I hope this makes sense to you.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audiophile hdd backup? - 11/10/20 07:32 PM
If you haven’t installed yet, then during the install choose to put the program on your boot drive or wherever, and put the RealTracks and RealDrums on another drive (your 2TB SSD), which can be internal or external.

Thanks for the kind words about my music.
© PG Music Forums