PG Music Home
Posted By: skywest Celtic, most realtracks missing? [Resolved] - 11/13/20 08:54 AM
I have just purchased BIAB and installed realtracks and realdrums on my D drive, updated the paths in biab etc and all seems to work fine.
I purchased this software mostly for backing tracks to Irish tunes, jigs, reels, slides etc but aways get multiple missing realtracks messages when selecting a celtic style (set #123 is common).

Have I go to buy extra realtracks, and if so where do I get this set?

Thanks
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Celtic, most realtracks missing? - 11/13/20 10:06 AM
hi.
what pak did you buy ??
anyway in biab menu File>>stylepicker
enter keywords celtic, Irish tunes, jigs, reels, slides etc
also try in song titles too.

best.
muso.
Hey skywest,

To expand on what justanoldmuso said - what exact version of Band-in-a-Box do you use? Ie. Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, etc? And Windows or Mac? What is the size of your bb folder in GB?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Celtic, most realtracks missing? - 11/13/20 11:07 AM
Welcome to the forums.

The number of Styles and RealTracks depends on the pak that you purchased. The entry level Pro Pak is quite limited.

Please tell us what pak you purchased. All of the Styles available in the packages are listed on this page.

Certainly extra RealTrack sets can be purchased and added on at any time.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Celtic, most realtracks missing? - 11/13/20 01:14 PM
i think you'll find that 'celtic' doesn't come as a discrete set of styles but is scattered across various xtra paks and updates. you might consider waiting for the december 2021 pak to be put on sale at special prices and upgrade to the ultrapak which gives you everything

the usual advice on the forum is to buy the best pak you can afford as that stops you getting n/a when you choose a style

and although you have specific requirements, you might find it better to buy everything - including styles you think you'll never need. its better value than picking and choosing and the musical choices you get open new creative vistas.

i use folk, country and pop styles and couldn't see myself ever using the jazz styles, but just recently i did................
Posted By: skywest Re: Celtic, most realtracks missing? - 11/13/20 01:33 PM
Thanks for the replies and having done some further research based on your answers I think that I've made a bit of a mistake.! I bought the basic pro pak.

Basically I just wanted to have an acoustic trad Irish band of upright bass, rhythm guitar, bodhran and maybe a mandolin or fiddle for variation.

I need to do Jigs, slip jigs, reels, slides, hornpipes and polkas.

It seems not possible to do most of this in the basic version, in fact pretty much none of it! There's the odd reel but based around a piano (huh?), with no alternatives.

I thought there might be 1 or 2 packs extra to do this but I see that I would need to buy at least 6 just to get going and even then it would be limiting, not to mention expensive!

It's just such a pain to record backing tracks myself in the real world and I thought this might be a quick way to bypass that workload. Besides which, my bodhran playing is nearly as bad as my fiddle playing.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Celtic, most realtracks missing? - 11/16/20 06:10 AM
Wait for the 2021 version launch. You should find pg offer special sale prices -at least that's the norm.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Celtic, most realtracks missing? - 11/16/20 07:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
Wait for the 2021 version launch. You should find pg offer special sale prices -at least that's the norm.

Yes, advice worth considering smile
© PG Music Forums