PG Music Home
Posted By: ChrisO Number of recordings takes BIAB keeps - 11/23/20 12:40 AM
Hello,

I have BIAB 2020 for Mac. I have recorded the melody of a song several times and thought that BIAB keeps a certain number of takes. If so, how many recordings will it keep and how do I switch to a previous take to work on it.

Also, is there a way to tell BIAB to round notes up to 1/8 notes if I don't want it playing 16th notes? I'm using a midi keyboard to enter the melody and trying to keep the notes as 1/8th notes but BIAB is more sensitive than I am.

Thanks for your help.
Can you clarify, what is your melody? A MIDI track, or a recording of audio?

ps Kudos for identifying you are using the Mac version.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Number of recordings takes BIAB keeps - 11/23/20 11:08 AM
Best I understand of the question, the answer is simple. 1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Number of recordings takes BIAB keeps - 11/23/20 11:14 AM
What I do is use save as and label the takes songtitle 1, songtitle 2, etc. When I am finished I delete those that I don't need.

As far a your notation question I don't use BiaB notation. I use the free MuseScore 3. I find it more user friendly but YMMV.
Posted By: ChrisO Re: Number of recordings takes BIAB keeps - 11/23/20 12:53 PM
The melody track is a midi track.
Well, you have one MIDI melody track and one MIDI soloist track to use. You can edit either. You can copy from one to another, deciding whether or not to overwrite what’s there. You can copy to or from the other ‘backing’ tracks. You can export MIDI or Music XML to another program then import it back.

So, what do you want to do that you are having trouble doing?
© PG Music Forums