PG Music Home
Posted By: npac Guitar position problem [Resolved] - 12/06/20 12:05 PM
I've been using BIAB for years and never had this problem until now. I reinstalled it on a windows computer if that helps.

I play guitar tabs usually at position 0 (open) or 5. Sometimes at 8. Once I set the position for a song that's where it stays the next time I open it.

But now that doesn't work. I can set it wherever and save it but when I open it again the tabs go to position 12. This is a problem for performing in jukebox mode because I have to pause and reset the position each time.

Any idea?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Guitar position problem - 12/06/20 02:20 PM
New for 2021 the Band-in-a-Box for Windows mixer has a Settings tab. The second setting is "Load Mute and Solo States with Songs".

If you are using 2021 Band-in-a-Box for Windows, check the value of that setting, checked (enabled) or unchecked (disabled). Reverse the setting and then test to see if that makes a difference for you.

Please update this thread with your results.

Description: 2021 BiaB Mixer Settings window.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: npac Re: Guitar position problem - 12/07/20 11:26 AM
Thanks Jim for that tip. I use the 2020 version so I don't have that. However, I found the answer by poking around. It was pretty obvious. On the guitar fret board I click on settings then uncheck the box that says Auto Switch Position. Then you have to go into the Auto Set Position window and set it to None. That way you can set whatever position you want and it will use that position for any song. I'd still like to set an individual position for every song but I'll just take this for now.
© PG Music Forums