PG Music Home
Posted By: huttohm Cannot Record MIDI in BIAB - 12/30/20 12:24 AM
Hello All,

My name is Marshall and I just purchased the Windows 2021 Version of BIAB. I actually owned one of the early MIDI only versions of BIAB many years ago, but so much has changed!

I know there is probably a simple reason for my problem, but so far I have been unable to determine a resolution. I am attempting to record a MIDI track and all the basics seem to be working, but when I hit <Record> I immediately get a message indicating that my recording is finished and I get the message "OK Keep Take", "Take Again", etc. At the top of the message it clearly states that "0" notes were recorded.

Here's what appears to be working:
- When I hit a note on my MIDI keyboard BIAB is seeing the notes. I can hear them and if I activate MIDI Monitor I can see the messages coming from the MIDI keyboard.

My MIDI keyboard is an old Roland controller and it is connected to a Focusrite Scarlet 18i8.

I appreciate the help and apologize in advance for such a basic question. Any idea what I might be missing?

Thanks,
Marshall

Interface: Focusrite Scarlet 18i8
MIDI Keyboard: Roland PC-160
DAWs: Cakewalk/Sonar/Ableton
Band-In-A-Box 2021
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Cannot Record MIDI in BIAB - 12/30/20 09:42 AM
Hi

You need to download and install the latest update 813 dec 29 top of windows forum page.
Here is a link anyway.

https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2021_win_update_build813.exe

Mike
© PG Music Forums