PG Music Home
Posted By: PVjf1 Different chords for head and solos … - 01/13/21 08:50 PM
Hmm …
I want to create a song form as follows——

INTRO 8 BARS
HEAD 12 BARS REPEATED for a total of 24
SOLOS 12 BARS but different chords with optional # of repeats (if not possible then total of 48 bars)
REPEAT OF HEAD (24 bars)with the last 4 bars repeating 3 times (DS to Tag?)

Still trying to wrap my head around some of the BIAB terminology where it differs from standard musical terms … confused
Have you checked out the 'Unfold' feature? I suspect this will be the best way to deliver your performance.

Look in the 2021 Manual on Page 191 and 470 for more detail.
Originally Posted By: PVjf1
Hmm …

INTRO 8 BARS
SOLOS 12 BARS but different chords with optional # of repeats (if not possible then total of 48 bars)

Still trying to wrap my head around some of the BIAB terminology where it differs from standard musical terms … confused

I'd lay it out like this:

Intro
Head
Head
||: solos :|| (# of repeats optional) (Use tag function to continue)
Head
Head
tag

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: PVjf1 Re: Different chords for head and solos … - 01/14/21 08:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
Originally Posted By: PVjf1
Hmm …

INTRO 8 BARS

I'd lay it out like this:

Intro
Head
Head
||: solos :|| (# of repeats optional) (Use tag function to continue)
Head
Head
tag

Insights and incites by Notes

Are you saying include the first two heads as part of the intro, then last two heads and repeats as the tag? (which is what I would do in iReal Pro …)
Posted By: PVjf1 Re: Different chords for head and solos … - 01/14/21 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Have you checked out the 'Unfold' feature? I suspect this will be the best way to deliver your performance.

Look in the 2021 Manual on Page 191 and 470 for more detail.

I'm on a Mac so I don't see a Mac 2021 manual, and for some reason the Mac 202 manual I downloaded as a pdf only shows through Chapter 7 …
Quote:
I'm on a Mac so I don't see a Mac 2021 manual, and for some reason the Mac 202 manual I downloaded as a pdf only shows through Chapter 7 …

OK, thanks for advising that you are using Mac, I wasn't aware of this previously. Search your Mac manual for the word 'unfold'
© PG Music Forums