PG Music Home
I am trying to change the default drum style of a song style with another. I select the RealDrums style picker and select a different style. Click Ok. The updated drum style shows in the Drum track. I re-generate the song... It still plays the previous Drum style !...
What am I missing ?...
Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the forum.

Is there a chance you rendered the song to audio? You could be hearing that.

If that’s not it, give us the Style and tell us the exact steps you are taking.

What version and build of BIAB is this? Mac or Windows?
Good advice above.

Additionally, possibly check that you haven't frozen the Real Drums track (probably not, but just in case).

Also, welcome.
And there is on occasion a style that wants to default back to the original drums even after you change and regen it. Its rarely occurs and I've seen it mostly when the style had a multi-drum option. I've worked around it by making one of the other tracks an RD track. Right click on any track in the "mixer" and select "choose RealDrums." Make sure the cursor is in the long black bar where the title of the RD or RT appears when you right click.

Bud
Thank you for your feedback.

I am using UltraPAK2021 on Windows. I am just starting to learn BB and I am just using the default interface. I have not exported the song to Audio as yet...

I am loading the _FREENOW.STY which has a reggae drum beat. I want to replace it with the RealDrum style "AmericanSlow8thsFred.STY".

I click into the Drum TRACK itself
Select [RealDrums picker]
Select the style [AmericanSlow8thsFred]
Click [Ok]
The selected style SHOWS in the drum track !...

It still plays the previous reggae Drum style even after re-generating the song.
I have also looked into RealDrums [Settings] and ensured that the option "For this song only, Use this RealDrum style" is correctly selected. Still No luck !...

Thanks for your help
Thank you for the tip.
I don't think I can do that as there is only the [Melodist] and [Soloist] tracks available ... Not sure ... ???
Originally Posted By: Gérard CB
Thank you for the tip.
I don't think I can do that as there is only the [Melodist] and [Soloist] tracks available ... Not sure ... ???

By available I assume you mean not loaded already with a RD or RT, etc. Assuming again that you have the small "mixer" open in the upper right hand corner of the Chord Sheet window all you need to do is click on any of the seven tracks and you should get an option to use it as a drum track and selecting that option will take you to the RD selection window. I previously said right click but just clicking on it does the same...click anywhere on the track except for the first box on the left with the name in it. I'm on a Mac and it might be different but I don't think so. Hope it works for you.

Bud
Hi Bud,

I thought that the "Melodist" and "Soloist" were dedicated tracks, so I guess I can use these to add another Drum track and mute the original as you suggest... I'll try that and get going with my learning curve ;o))

I still don't understand why the original drum track would show the substituted RD style but not play it... I have sent an email to support and waiting to hear back.

Thank you again for your assistance and advice with this Bud. It is greatly appreciated. Stay safe !...
FYI:
~~~~
PG Music support has responded to my query with the following FIX:

The reason that the RealDrums substitution is not working is due to the fact that the style is using Multi Drums. This is a collection of RealDrums styles all playing on the same track. It involves a few steps to remove Multi Drums since they are embedded in this style. Before you proceed please note, once you remove the Multi-Drums and save a style the style will no longer have Multi-Drums any time you select it from now on.
1. Go to File | Style Maker | Edit Current Style
2. Press the Misc. button to bring up the Misc Style Settings.
3. In the bottom left corner press the button Set MultiDrums.
4. In the Create Multi-Drums window press the clear button and then OK.
5. Press OK in the next window and then press the Save and then the Exit button.

Now you should be able to substitute the RealDrums you have selected into this style. This will not happen with every style or RealDrums, only the ones with Multi-Drums.
Gérard CB,

Thank you for posting the response from PG Music Support and for marking the thread as "Resolved".

While reviewing the thread I don't remember the name of the style giving you the issue. Please let me know what style you're using.

Both the issue and resolution are new to me and maybe to others. May I request you also post a problem summary and the resolution in the +++ Tips & Tricks +++ forum section.
Hi Jim,

The RD style I wanted to substitute is from _FREENOW.STY.

I will add the resolution to "Tips & Tricks" as you suggested.
© PG Music Forums