PG Music Home
Posted By: Ian B. Basic Rock Style - 01/28/21 10:42 AM

Hi,

I have BIAB UltraPak 2018 and it's a lot of fun - very powerful tool and way more than I will ever use due to the music styles I like and, let's be honest' somewhat limited ability. Never mind, you work with what you have.

Basic question is sometimes I just want a basic rock track / style (Elton John - 'Saturday Night' or Rolling Stones etc.) for default rock 'go to' style to key up when you have an ideas. I use songpicker, but I am looking for a more general default rock style as opposed to song-specific.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for your feedback.

Ian B.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Basic Rock Style - 01/28/21 09:48 PM
I'd say _BOOGNO1 and _BOOGNO2 would be a great "default" for you, give them a try!
Posted By: Ian B. Re: Basic Rock Style - 01/29/21 05:39 AM
Thanks, will try that smile .

Ian B.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Basic Rock Style - 01/29/21 05:44 PM
You're welcome! Let us know if those work for you.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Basic Rock Style - 01/30/21 04:04 PM
So.... in the style picker.... use the filters. Filter to rock, 4/4, even, perhaps hard or medium rock. The filters eliminate a lot of the styles that don't fit the filter requirements. That gives you a shorter list......

Then.... start at the top and hit the "Demo style" button and have a listen to the styles, one at a time, working your way down, until you find something you like.

Man, you don't know how often, and how much time I spend doing this kind of research for a style for my next song. Just a word of caution..... keep a pad handy to write down the name of the styles you like. You will also find them in the "recent styles used" box..... but I like to write them down.
Posted By: Ian B. Re: Basic Rock Style - 01/31/21 10:52 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback - great advice and will follow your suggestions. I agree, when I find something I like, I make the mistake of not making good notes cry . Need to do better.

BR,

Ian B.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Basic Rock Style - 02/03/21 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Ian B.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback - great advice and will follow your suggestions. I agree, when I find something I like, I make the mistake of not making good notes cry . Need to do better.

BR,

Ian B.

Making notes is something that took me a long time to get into the habit of, but it was life-changing. I end up completing more projects this way (not all of them musical), and probably with better results.

That said, it probably annoys people when I randomly whip out my phone and start tapping away notes of some idea I just had...
© PG Music Forums