PG Music Home
Hi,

I'm finding that when I import a melody from a MIDI file it winds up inserted at (during) the Lead-In rather than at Bar 1 (which is desired).

Could someone kindly tell me how to fix that?

Description: Imported Melody during Lead-In rather than starting at Bar 1.
Attached picture BIAB - Melody Imported into Lead-In 01.jpg
Hi,

When you import the melody, have a look at the bottom of the import window. There are three options that you can use to potentially fix the problem.

For the option I've labelled #1 on the image below, put 1 in the box and see if that helps. (These data boxes also accept negative numbers, usually. Positive numbers move things one way and negative numbers move them the other way.)

If the above doesn't work, try adding 1 to option #2.

Option #3 allows for part bar movement and each quarter note is equal to 60 ticks.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture import midi meldoy 2021.JPG
Hi,

Thank you. I had tried those settings before without success, but now have managed to get the melody imported at bar 1 with the settings shown.

However, I think I am still having multiple problems in this area with BIAB for Windows 2021 (822).

Things I have observed importing the attached simple melody into a new song:

1. File comes into the track looking incorrect (i.e. has displaying an incorrect triplet), then looks correct after I click away to another track and return.

2. When I apply a Realtrack Instrument and Generate the melody gets destroyed. (May somehow be my error, but why should applying a Realtrack instrument ever destroy musical data? That should happen only when the user explicitly requests it.)

3. Slightly different, I apply a Realtrack Instrument to the existing correctly displayed melody, which continues to display correctly, and *do not* generate, but the sound on playback is completely different from the actual imported melody.

I have yet to even once simply bring in the melody and have it display and play correctly with a Realtrack instrument (e.g. sax 2629).

If it's me, I really need some guidance. OTOH, maybe the program is incorrect?

My experiments are very simple, and I provide the file with great curiosity about whether others see the same problems I do!

Attached picture BIAB - Import settings.jpg
Attached File
Rhythm Head 01.mid  (2 downloads)
© PG Music Forums