PG Music Home
Posted By: Riccoboni Bar setting for utility track - 02/17/21 02:53 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to add a bar setting for utility tracks (BIAB 2021)?
Utility tracks do not appear in the bar setting dialog box.

If not, is there a workaround ?

Thanks for your attention
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Bar setting for utility track - 02/20/21 08:04 PM
Hello Riccoboni,

That's actually a good point, and I'll bring this up with the support team and see what they have to say and will try and get back to you on that next week! Also, can you let us know what build for the program you're currently using? You can find this 3 digit number when you go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box next to the version year.

Thanks so much,
Ember
Posted By: DrDan Re: Bar setting for utility track - 02/20/21 09:11 PM
Bar settings for Utility tracks will never be of any value until they permit regeneration on the Utility tracks. Right now, as best I recall, these are static wav or midi tracks only. Sure wish someone would correct me cause I seem to recall it went back and forth when these were first introduced and we are now left with no regen.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Bar setting for utility track - 02/20/21 09:24 PM
My memory is that when Utility Tracks were first introduced not even three months ago, they were far more limited. As we experimented with them, PG Music listened to our suggestions and added features. This process, I expect, is far from finished.

For now, develop your track fully on one of the ‘regular/older’ tracks before moving it to a Utility Track.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Bar setting for utility track - 02/21/21 08:37 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Bar settings for Utility tracks will never be of any value until they permit regeneration on the Utility tracks. Right now, as best I recall, these are static wav or midi tracks only. Sure wish someone would correct me cause I seem to recall it went back and forth when these were first introduced and we are now left with no regen.

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying. I can generate and regenerate RealTracks on the Utility Tracks on my system. Matt's suggestion to " develop your track fully on one of the ‘regular/older’ tracks before moving it to a Utility Track" is one method to edit a track. Using the Audio Editor is another.

Attached picture generate selection.png
Posted By: DrDan Re: Bar setting for utility track - 02/21/21 10:26 AM
I stand corrected on this point. Thanks for clearing up this misunderstanding. And yes, eventually Bar Settings for the Utility tracks seems to be in order.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Bar setting for utility track - 02/21/21 10:40 AM
Thanks a really good tip Charlie! I didn't know that we can now regenerate the Utility tracks. I thought they were copy and paste only. Hard to keep up with all the new changes, but this one is very welcome. Thanks for pointing this out.

Jeff
© PG Music Forums