PG Music Home
The factory settings on the Casio CT-X3000 transpose differently than all of my software. I own a CT-x3000 what is the remedy to match the Grand Piano sounds. This is wierd. Any ideas? The softwares are correct but my controller keyboard isn't doing the standard piano frequncies.

Thanks in advance
More information would be nice so I am going to assume, that your sounds are an octave off.

If so go to options/preferences/channel/octave and match that octave with your system's octave.

Attached picture MIDI Settings .jpg
The MIDI standard defines middle "C" as MIDI note 60. But keyboard manufacturers and software developers can not agree what key is middle "C". Some use C3 and others use C4.
No 2 steps flated so c sounds like a Bb. I went ahead and made my keyboard flat so it matches. But these keyboards should be tuned to the frequencies of the piano. I will check with reason 10 to see if this keeps it matching and blog on that experience.
I don't understand this problem. Is it BIAB that is not on concert pitch, or the Casio keyboard? And if the keyboard by itself is OK but routed through BIAB is 'off', then a transposition is in effect.
It sounds to me that the Casio is de-tuned by two semitones. Have you been able to check that?
© PG Music Forums