PG Music Home
Hello,

For standard tracks (piano, guitar ...), you can choose the style associated with a midi instrument (function "select a custom style for this track", which I imagine determines the music played on the track concerned.

On the other hand, for utility tracks, we can affect a midi instrument, but unless I am mistaken we do not have the possibility to choose the associated style.

You confirm ?
Is there a workaround?

In a more general way, I am interested in information on how to influence the midi score automatically generated by BIAB, in particular in the case of trackutility (but not only).

Thank you for your attention
Hi,

The functionality of Utility tracks continues to be updated with each new build of BIAB, so always make sure that your system is running the latest build. Currently we are up to #825.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

With MIDI and the utility tracks, it's necessary to generate the MIDI on one of BIAB's standard tracks (Bass, Piano, Strings, Guitar, Drums, Melody, Soloist) and then use...

"Edit | Copy Special | Copy/Move Tracks"

...to relocate the generated MIDI information onto the Utility track.

If you have BIAB for Windows, it comes with a program called Realband. This is program has the functionality of BIAB but it operates more like standard DAWs. I find that working with MIDI in Realband is much easier than BIAB, usually.

Regards,
Noel
Thank you for your reply. I will do as you said.
© PG Music Forums