PG Music Home
Posted By: earl kirby What happens when you load new tune. - 03/22/21 09:04 PM
Wondering what exactly happens when you load a new file? Does the program automatically delete the tune that's loaded at the time? When I load a tune I have created with lyrics can I get the big lyrics to come up automatically upon loading.,
I don't think it deletes it. Unless you close it, then it asks if you want to save the changes if any. I think it will stack several songs with the latest one open on top. But, I rarely work in that manner. I like to save and close things before opening the next project.... not quite obsessive compulsive, but, I don't want anything to go wrong with an underlying project..... best to save and close before opening the next.... just to be sure. I've had too many complete losses through dumb mistakes in the past.

When you close a project you're working on, always click SAVE. Be sure to choose save as that first time and select the location and name..... From that point on, your file should open to the point it was at when you closed it. I always use the document window to write the words for my songs.... and when I reopen the file the next day, the document window pops right up if I had it open when I saved it.
+1 on the save. Ctrl+S only takes a second and could save you hours.

I Ctrl+S many times when working on anything in software. That way if the app crashes, I don't lose everything.

Not that apps crash often anymore, but when they do, it's good to have a backup.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫
When you open a new song, the previous song will still exist but only if you save it first. If you don't save the song, then it's lost.

BIAB can't have more than one song open at a time, though you can run multiple instances of BIAB - to enable this, you can go to Options > Preferences, and enable the checkbox for "Allow multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box to be running".
© PG Music Forums