PG Music Home
Posted By: Music4Jesus 2 Chords Per Beat? - 03/28/21 05:05 PM
I have read some of the posts talking about pushes, but I am still scratching my head about a topic that should be very simple. I have written a simple eighth beat shuffle, 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &, etc. I want a chord on the "&" of beat 1, a chord on beat 2 and another chord on the "&" of beat 2 and I can't figure out how to do it. In other words, 3 consecutive chords on consecutive eighth beats. Can anyone help me. It seems to me that this should be fundamental. It really amounts to being able to put 2 chords in the second beat of a measure and I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2 Chords Per Beat? - 03/28/21 05:22 PM
One of BiaB's limitations if one chord per beat.

You can use pushes to get the notes of the chord to play ahead, but you cannot place more than one chord per beat. Check out Pushes in the integrated Help.

Norton Music has produced expanded styles which do allow more chords per beat (I think up to 8 chords per bar). Check out Norton Music at this link.
Posted By: Music4Jesus Re: 2 Chords Per Beat? - 03/28/21 05:35 PM
Thank you my friend for the quick reply. I will be checking into the Norton program. I appreciate you!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: 2 Chords Per Beat? - 03/30/21 11:37 AM
Another option is to play it in yourself live with guitar or midi. If anything in BB conflicts, you can mute the BB track for that short section or drop it's volume.
Posted By: Music4Jesus Re: 2 Chords Per Beat? - 04/01/21 12:43 AM
Thank you friend.
© PG Music Forums