PG Music Home
Hi, I am using build 829 64 bit, I wanted to make a 1 chorus song quite long.
I open a new file, change the song settings to 200 bars, set #of chorus to 1, I then apply the style _MORTALS.STY with the stock setting of the demo file SW8 12/8 E 40 BPM.
I then open the Melodist and select various chord patterns, "Generate Chords Only" and deselect "Allow Style Change", and click "OK". It then faithfully generates a 200 bar song (I know, long, eh?) however I find that the Bass track does not play all the way through the song, stopping "near" 64 bars or so), as I play the song back, I watch the Bass drop off, if I export the audio files as individual tracks, I can see the Bass track stop, while the rest of the tracks play faithfully through.

If I don't select a 64 bar style the same or similar result often happens not always at the 64 bar point.

Thoughts? Also, what style would you select for the Melodist to generate a song for the MORTALS style?

Thanks kindly!
Hello Dougster,

Can you please send the song in to us with the tracks frozen in an SGU or MGU format and we can have one of our technicians test it? You can send this to support@pgmusic.com.

Thank you,
Ember
Dougster,
If I understand correctly, you are experiencing the 255 bar limit issue. Even though your song is less that 255 bars, the bass is playing at triple time, so it actually reaches its own limit during the time that the rest of the song is still playing.
It may be something else altogether. I just tried what you had mentioned and the bass stopped playing at bar 10 cry
OK well at least it's not just me! Thanks kindly for trying. smile
© PG Music Forums