PG Music Home
Posted By: Jimbo1956 Tracks start while I'm entering chords - 04/20/21 02:46 PM
Hello! I just downloaded BIAB 2020, after having used earlier versions. This is something I haven't ran into before. When I'm entering chords, the track automatically starts playing, without me hitting the play button. Also, sometimes the track will randomly start playing after being stopped. I used the BIAB chatline and was provided with the appropriate patch, but the problem persists. Is there another fix? Thanks- James
Welcome to the Forum.

I have not heard this report before. Is it possible you are pressing the spacebar? Perhaps putting a space in the name of the chord you are typing?

The second problem, random playing, has me stumped if, again, it isn't the space bar.
Hi Jimbo! Like Matt here, I haven't heard of this issue either, and indeed my first thought was the space bar too.

What version and build number of BIAB do you have? In Band-in-a-Box, go to the Help menu, and click About Band-in-a-Box. Near the top of that window, it will have Version 20xx and a number in brackets - what is that number?
Posted By: Jimbo1956 Re: Tracks start while I'm entering chords - 04/20/21 03:28 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not hitting the space bar. I have used BIAB off and on for years. This is new.
Then you probably know this, but whenever BIAB does not do what you know it should do, try Options, Return to Factory Settings, Most.
Posted By: Jimbo1956 Re: Tracks start while I'm entering chords - 04/20/21 03:40 PM
Version 703. Yep. Space bar. Thanks for your help!
Jimbo - there is an update available for your version. Please download and install it from here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#734
© PG Music Forums