PG Music Home
Posted By: tomralph Audio - 04/24/21 07:29 AM
When recording audio, I cant hear my voice/instrument through my earphones when I record with a mic? Please help.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Audio - 04/24/21 08:33 AM
what interface are you using? are you using BIAB or RB?
Posted By: tomralph Re: Audio - 04/25/21 05:08 AM
Thanks for replying Bob. I'm using BIAB
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Audio - 04/25/21 10:13 AM
yes, but how are you connecting your mic to the pc? what are your headphones plugged into?

most people use an audio interface that plugs into a usb port. the interface has both the input for the mic and the output for the phones.

are you plugging striaght into the pc mic and phone sockets?

the answer to your problem varies according to how you are connecting phones and mic. if you use an interface the settings are in the interface driver. if plugging direct into the pc mic and phone sockets, it's a mix of windows and BIAB driver settings.

i'm sure we can fix your problem if you tell us a little more
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Audio - 04/26/21 06:48 PM
What Bob is getting at is that Band-in-a-Box does not "monitor" audio while recording, meaning you won't hear it through your speakers or headphones until after you record it, press stop, then play your recording.

Most audio interfaces have a monitoring function built into them. For example, the Focusrite 2i2 I have next to me has a button on it called "Direct Monitor". That's what you would have to use to be able to hear yourself through headphones while recording.
© PG Music Forums