PG Music Home
Posted By: Killer How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/03/21 04:56 PM
I have a solo which I now no longer want on certain bars. Is there a way to delete this solo just from those bars?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/03/21 06:49 PM
I'm guessing that it's a Realtrack solo that you're meaning and not a MIDI one.

The easiest way to accomplish what you need is to mute the track that solo is on and then regenerate the song. To do this, use "Bar Settings". This is obtained by either right-clicking on the chordsheet and selecting it or pressing F5.

For example, if you do not want the solo to play for bars 12 and 13, do the following...

1. Click on bar 12 and press F5.

2. Set the track on which the soloist is located to "Mute".

3. Click on bar 14 and press F5.

4. Set the soloist's track to "Normal".

5. Make sure the track is unfrozen and regenerate.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Killer Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/04/21 01:50 PM
Thanks Noel,

Yes, it's a Realtrack solo. I've tried what you've suggested, maybe I'm not understanding it correctly? I want to actually delete the solo, not mute it for just those bars. Am I missing something? I basically want no solo there at all, muted or otherwise.

Cheers!

Killer

Originally Posted By: Noel96
I'm guessing that it's a Realtrack solo that you're meaning and not a MIDI one.

The easiest way to accomplish what you need is to mute the track that solo is on and then regenerate the song. To do this, use "Bar Settings". This is obtained by either right-clicking on the chordsheet and selecting it or pressing F5.

For example, if you do not want the solo to play for bars 12 and 13, do the following...

1. Click on bar 12 and press F5.

2. Set the track on which the soloist is located to "Mute".

3. Click on bar 14 and press F5.

4. Set the soloist's track to "Normal".

5. Make sure the track is unfrozen and regenerate.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: DrDan Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/04/21 06:25 PM
OK, you will have to edit the audio on the selected track and delete the portion you don't want. I just tried it and could not figure out for the life of me how to do that. In fact, I don't believe it is possible on one of the normal BIAB tracks and maybe can only be done on the soloist or melody?? Could be you have to move the RT to a Utility track and do the editing there? Which is why folks use the F5 and mute the bars on the track cause it is so simple.

Need to ask Charlie about this one. I bet he knows how to do it, if it can be done! grin
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/04/21 10:56 PM
Killer,

Have you had a look at the wave file of a soloist that has had sections muted? If you load the wav into a DAW it's possible to see that the muting actually kills the sound. There is no sound present at all in these sections.

So when the audio file is loaded into the DAW, no adjustment is needed to reduce the volume of these sections as it's all been done by BIAB. Because of this, it's not possible to get the sound back in these sections in a DAW. The only way to do it is to unmute the tracks in BIAB and regenerate.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Killer Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/07/21 04:30 PM
Thank you everyone for these ideas. I reckon using a combination of these I can get to where I want to be grin It's the end result that counts.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/07/21 10:40 PM
Noel,

Did you know you can eliminate step 3 by using the highlighted dropdown box to move between bars?

I find that method especially helpful when working with a single track. I find it visually easier to change the bar setting back & forth so I can verify what bar I start and stop a change.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Good time-saving tip, Jim. I know it's there, but often forget to use it. Thanks for the reminder.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to delete a solo from certain bars - 06/08/21 02:00 AM
Thanks for the reminder, Jim. I'd completely forgotten about that.

Personally, I like working on the chordsheet because I can see the bars and that helps me wrap my head around it all.

I'm a bit of a slow learner and I sometimes get stuck in my ways!
Noel
© PG Music Forums