PG Music Home
I just got the announcement in my email inbox. Groove 3 has an updated tutorial on “BIAB getting started”. I’ve not had a look at it but based on other tutorials by Eli Krantzberg it should be good. Eli is an excellent tutor.

https://www.groove3.com/tutorials/Band-in-a-Box-Getting-Started

Tony
There are four additional chapters as follows:

2021 Update
Utility Tracks (06:53) - Explore the multiple uses of the new Utility Tracks feature available in Band In A Box 2021.
Auto Fix Sour Notes (02:38) - See how this new feature is used to auto-fix out-of-tune notes in polyphonic audio, either for the generated RealTracks or any audio track.
Ten New Mixer Improvements (04:25) - Discover useful new functionality in the updated Band-in-a-Box Mixer.
Other Improvements (04:19) - Learn about a selection of small but useful enhancements to audio editing, navigating the chord sheet, copy/paste functions, auto generated intros, and more!
Good News.

Eli is a good teacher. A very approachable guy.
His videos on Logic Pro X are excellent and encompass almost every topic on the product.

He also has a video on Jazz Harmony from a keyboard perspective that is useful even if you don't

I find the Groove3 annual pass ($100 per year) to be an excellent value. It offers all of the above videos and hundreds of others from A-Z in the music world. Check it out, you may find it worth the $$$.
These tutorials do appear to be helpful. Please note that they are made by Groove3, and not us. So any specific questions about these tutorials or purchasing options for them should be directed to Groove3.

But we are always happy to help and answer your questions about Band-in-a-Box over live chat or email support@pgmusic.com.
I am really glad Groove3 is updating the tutorial. A lot has changed since the original tutorials were published. Eli is a great trainer. Groove 3 seems to have figured out a good format for introducing Band-in-a-Box to new users. I'm looking forward to the Windows release.

Thanks for sharing the information Tony!
yes, the groove 3 tutorials are good but I'd like to see a advenced user tutorial.
Originally Posted By: earl kirby
yes, the groove 3 tutorials are good but I'd like to see a advenced user tutorial.

Earl, good points. What items do you suggest they should cover in a more advanced tutorial?
I purchased this new Groove3 “BIAB getting started” product. The cost is low and I feel that it is worth the $ purchase cost. The videos are smooth to watch. It is helpful to pause and try, then continue.

If I had a magic improvement wand ...
* Better if it included Win commands
I am a BIAB 2021 Win user. So several of the keystrokes mentioned do not apply directly. In these cases it is a treasure hunt in BIAB and in the Help to locate the equivalent Win keystroke. This is not horrible, there is learning in this activity.

* Better if the audio quality were higher
Sometimes the audio quality of the voice is weak, he may be saying Alt-B and it sounds like H.

* Better if there were a PDF workbook video companion

I was also a Groove3 'BIAB 2015 for Windows Explained' product owner and was satisfied with it.
So prior to this new purchase I confirmed with Groove3 support
Quote:
from groove3: These are brand new shot with BIAB 2020 and then we added the new 2021 update videos to this offering as well so you get it all. These are not videos that you've seen. All new.

RrR cool
© PG Music Forums