PG Music Home
Posted By: earl kirby easy beginning styles - 06/30/21 04:43 PM
Back in the old days when playing organ we had a basic drum rail with 10 or so basic styles that we used for every thing we played. Now we have over 6000 styles to choose from. Most arranger players say they only use 20-25 different styles. Could someone provide a list of 20-25 basic styles to use in BIAB when first arranging a tune. After saving a basic arrangement one could then go back and attempt using different styles to get that perfect one.

Also could someone suggest a good style to fit most CCR rock tunes?
Posted By: MarioD Re: easy beginning styles - 06/30/21 05:13 PM
Hi Earl,

If you sort by set# the first styles will be from 0 MIDI. They are the first basic styles PGMusic had back in the day. If you want RTs then scroll down to RT 1 for the first RTs. This of course assumes that you have the type set to all.

If you are looking for specific styles names you probably will get a different list from every forum member.

I can not help with the CCR question.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: easy beginning styles - 07/02/21 02:54 PM
Earl,

Look at the Utility category in the StylePicker. (Category > OTHER > More ... > Utility Styles) Many of these styles are simple styles with one, two or three instruments with arrangements suitable for rehearsal or background accompaniment. There is also a click track style for just a metronome background.

Another good StylePicker category, at least for my songs, is Campfire. (Category > TRADITIONAL/WORLD STYLES > More ... > Campfire) One or two acoustic guitars and sometimes an acoustic bass with a shaker or tambourine. Again the arrangements are simple and suitable for rehearsal or background accompaniment.

Description: Utility Styles
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg

Description: Campfire Styles
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: rharv Re: easy beginning styles - 07/02/21 03:34 PM
I simply went into the Style Picker and typed Creedence into the box .. got some PGMusic suggestions.

Attached picture StyleFilters.jpg
Posted By: earl kirby Re: easy beginning styles - 07/02/21 10:04 PM
thank you all. A couple of good suggestions.
Posted By: Cathie Re: easy beginning styles - 07/05/21 02:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Look at the Utility category in the StylePicker. (Category > OTHER > More ... > Utility Styles) Many of these styles are simple styles with one, two or three instruments with arrangements suitable for rehearsal or background accompaniment. There is also a click track style for just a metronome background.

Another good StylePicker category, at least for my songs, is Campfire. (Category > TRADITIONAL/WORLD STYLES > More ... > Campfire) One or two acoustic guitars and sometimes an acoustic bass with a shaker or tambourine. Again the arrangements are simple and suitable for rehearsal or background accompaniment.

Thank you!!!

And thank you, Earl, for starting this thread. I had the same question!
© PG Music Forums